Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The more I shoot...

the less I care about what I'm DOING, and the more I care about what I'm SEEING.

At the end of August, my practice time was 85% Dry fire/15% Live Fire. My draws and reloads were SOLID, dry fire style.

Now, its more 60% DF/ 40% LF and my hits are getting better every practice session.

I only paste non-As, and I'm making less trips downrange these days. (that's a good motivation in itself)

But now, after a sub-par run at something, rather than trying to find a technical reason for it, I just shake it off and open my eyes a little wider (figuratively speaking, mostly)

I hope I'm not becoming technically complacent, but I feel good about my direction.

SA

Moneypenny,

It helps a great deal. Watching the dot is great training for watching the sights arc.

I used to see this:

Sight, target, sight.

Now I see this:

Sight/target, Target with sight peripheral, sight/target.

In other words, the sight used to appear and dissapear during recoil, now I never lose it.

After shooting the open gun for awhile, the production times for the same exercise are only slightly slower.

The only problem has been the different trigger reset space on the caspian vs the beretta. Not that big a deal.

The draw has also been improved on both guns. I got the open gun down to an .84 at 5 yards, and the beretta down a .76.

I had one .62 with the caspian, but I think I was timing the delay in my head. Either that, or I started right ON the buzzer for once.

SA