Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

True Blue Again

ogiebb

ok ive been out from shooting for almost 2 years and just staring to get back at it again..

i was shooting 9mm major before and the most used powders back then was sp2 and true blue, i know sp2 is kinda hard to find nowadays and from what ive been reading here in the forums especially the "9mm major load" topic a lot of people were using them before but turned away from them because of high pressure spikes...just wondering if there are still some true blue faithfuls out there....and please post some of your favorite loads for them in 9mm major or add some more load data to the topic started by alan :D

I am liking Longshot and Silhouette best in my 9mm major gun, HS-6 has VERY little dot rise but I really don't care for the sensation shooting it. 3n-37 works well, but is spendy and puts an extreme amount of heat in the gun, it is also a little sharper than the others.

I am liking Longshot and Silhouette best in my 9mm major gun, HS-6 has VERY little dot rise but I really don't care for the sensation shooting it. 3n-37 works well, but is spendy and puts an extreme amount of heat in the gun, it is also a little sharper than the others.

i actually got suprised that HS6 is almost the most liked powder for 9mm major now..

only thing is i already ordered a couple of pounds of true blue already :(

I ran into some troubles with TB. As I approached 170 pf pressure signs became very erratic. IIRC at 7.8 and 8.0 grains everything looked great primers just slightly flat nothing else. At 8.2 gr primers were very flat, and primer flow seemed excessive.

However I do like Silhouette very much. Behaves in my gun just like 3n37 but it fills the case less and is easier to reload. Not to mention relatively cheap and easy to get.