Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case Separater

Here's what Shellsorter says:

I measured both calibers, 9mm seems to be a bit larger in size, they are very close. Unfortunately we have found it too difficult to mold the plastic pans to those exacting tolerances. At least the 223 is easier to sort by hand from the 9 than the 380 is!

Thanks for you business and we appreciate your referrals. Jeff

• 3 months later...
I got my Shell Sorter a couple of days ago, and have used it to sort through a 2 gallon bucket of brass from the indoor range I shoot at a couple of days a week.

This brass is challenging because unlike the brass I pick up at matches, which is pre-sorted by me as I pick it up to 9mm, 40SW and 45 Auto, the brass swept up from the indoor range is going to have everything from target staples and 22s, to 50 desert eagle ammo, as well as all the aluminum Blaser crap.

My thoughts, yes, it is faster than just hand sorting in this case. Once all the sub-45 stuff is strained out, you still have to pull out the bigger stuff and the Blaser, as well as the ever present nested cases. Same goes with the other bins. Have to look for the occasional 10mm in the 40SW bin, and pull out the 38 Specials that are wedged in the groves, and then in the 9mm bin, sort or the 380 Auto.

When you are able to sort brass that is limited to the three main calibers, the only worry then is the nested cases.

But basically, these are things you already have to do anyway and the Shell Sorter speeds the process along.

Worth the money to me.

Mark

+1 Cuts sorting time in half at least.

Wish I would have had this a long time ago.