Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Primer Problems

My 650 is not giving me primer feed problems. It seems that as the shell advances to statiion 2 about half the time the primer gets ejected in the the overflow area instead of going into the shell. It has gotten so bad that I have to remove the index pin for station 4 to check and see if a primer is in the case before I seat the bullet. What a pain!!!! Anyone have any suggestions as to why this is doing this?????

thanks, mark

Are you consistantly pushing the handle forward to seat the primer? After the handle is lifted up, you must intentionally push the handle forward to seat the primer. Also, what caliber are you loading, and what is the headstamp on the cases that don't prime? :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
My 650 is not giving me primer feed problems. It seems that as the shell advances to statiion 2 about half the time the primer gets ejected in the the overflow area instead of going into the shell. It has gotten so bad that I have to remove the index pin for station 4 to check and see if a primer is in the case before I seat the bullet. What a pain!!!! Anyone have any suggestions as to why this is doing this?????

thanks, mark

Had similar issues with 650. First off make certain shellplate is properly tensioned on,this would account for varying results when seating primers. I ended up having my primer disc replaced by Dillon, there's still 2 or 3 places where I have to reach over with my left hand and rotate the case gently until I feel the primer move into position. This is a great improvement over what it was. Also bear in mind if the priming unit is not lubed properly it may drag and not advance the primer wheel fully putting it out of alignment with the case.

HTH

TWBryan