Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz Tactical Sport-need Help

00bullitt

Just got a CZ TS and am having problem keeping the safety down. The safety is too far forward for me to ride my thumbs on it like I do on my 19/2011 style guns. Also......is there a shorter mag release button available for it? Will the mag release from the SP-01 work and is it shorter? The mag release digs into my support hand thumb muscle under recoil. This gun shoots super flat and it was way more accurate than I ever thought shooting freestyle at 25 yards.

I like it now I just have to get it to fit me.

Angus has been working on an improved thumb safety and he has pictures posted on his own forum section on these two forums (first one has the pics if they are not on www.ghostholster.com)

www.czforum.com

www.ipsc.com

As for the mag release - yes it is too long and can eject a mag if the gun gets snatched off a table (i.e. stage 7 or 8 at the tri state back in '04. Ooops). Not sure if a 75 or 97 part would fit - I would ask Angus or Matt. If not, its time to fire up the mill.

Another option is send it to Andy's Custom Guns, Denver Colo - the Colonel (Andy) will usually turn around a shortened and checkered mag release in 4-5 weeks (Post a response if you want his contact info) , I actually reinstalled my original longer OFM release back into my IPSC ST when I rec'd my Tactical Sport (Its twin) and I wanted them to be consistent. I have not broken them out yet this year. In fact I can't depart my 85 Combats for the tuned SP-01's I have from Matt and Angus (Both SP' are works of art) just always gravitate back to the 75/85 platform. The only two other notewrothy CZ for actual competition (I have most every model pistol by CZ) are the Stainless Steel CZ 75 I had Matt build, all bells/whistles, AND BEST PART IS THE STAINLESS 75 COMES WITH THE ELONGATED MAG RELEASE BUTTON FOUND ON THE SP-01 making the stainless special and different from the other standard 75's. Also, I bought a new model CZ 75 Compact in .40 and sent it matt and told to make a competition gun thats shoots minor from it - the results are impressive, but I have not competed withe gun, Matt admittidely stated that the DA/SA triger he was able get out of the Compact 75 .40 was one of the best he has ever done (I am now thinking that this gun may make a good IDPA gun.

TY

Jkushner11

post-4151-1174104367.jpg

post-4151-1174104460.jpg

post-4151-1174108149.jpg

Wow, I've had the same issues that I'm trying to work around with my TS and changing my grip has been difficult to adjust to. I've also got the thinner grips from makfakta and they only make the mag release button appear to be even larger/longer than it is with the factory grips.