Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Warm Up

Airic

I have thought this was one the single most neglected thing on match day that I see 95% of shooters not do. You practice, dryfire, read books, load ammo, drive 3 hrs to a match or farther. Then on match day, you grab your gun, throw it in your holster and go shoot and expect to do well. You can do just fine but how many times does it take 3 stages to get warmed up or get in a groove???

Flyin40

+1. I intend to go to bed early Friday night, and get up rather early Saturday so that I have time to take a jog and do a fair amount of dryfiring before shooting the SC Sectional.

Why waste stages to warm up when you can do it without losing match points?

+1. I intend to go to bed early Friday night, and get up rather early Saturday so that I have time to take a jog and do a fair amount of dryfiring before shooting the SC Sectional.

Same here (except the jogging part -- I was built for comfort, not for speed). If you hear strange noises coming from my room, it's because I printed out Steve's warm-up plan and it's going with me!

Same here (except the jogging part -- I was built for comfort, not for speed). If you hear strange noises coming from my room, it's because I printed out Steve's warm-up plan and it's going with me!

If I hear noises, I ain't asking any questions ;)

If I hear noises, I ain't asking any questions ;)

Good plan!