Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Meister 9mm Rnfp Bullet Question

tjcoker

Anyone have experience with the Meister 122gr 9mm bullet? I'm about to place an order from 3,000 or so bullets and noticed BrassmanBrass has these for $29 shipped per 1K.

Will be loading with Bullseye for my P2000.

Any input about these bullets and/or the company (Meister) would be great.

Thanks, Tim.

Cast is cast order what's cheapest if that is your goal. I am pretty much set on Precision as they run cleaner and you dont get the lube smoke. My second choice would be Berry plated. To answer your question I have used Meister and and also Penn, DJ, Lasercast, Bull-X, Speer, probably a couple others as well and dont remember any difference in them. Meister seems to think pretty highly of theirs though judging from the prices.

Cast is cast order what's cheapest if that is your goal. I am pretty much set on Precision as they run cleaner and you dont get the lube smoke. My second choice would be Berry plated. To answer your question I have used Meister and and also Penn, DJ, Lasercast, Bull-X, Speer, probably a couple others as well and dont remember any difference in them. Meister seems to think pretty highly of theirs though judging from the prices.

Thanks for the information. It seems like a hard cast lead bullet will work fine through my polygonal barrel even though there appears to be the nay-sayers. After reading through more of the posts here it appears you have your do and don't sides to the matter.

I am indeed looking at the Precision bullets along with Frontier's CMJ line (Like Berry's and Rainier). My experience thus far is with using Speer cast lead and Rainier TMJs. I was indeed amazed at the extra smoke and powder smell while doing a simulated night shoot at our LE range. Another officer knew right off the bat that I was pushing cast lead :)

I figure for the price difference of $29/1K compared to $46/1K (Precision's 125FP Case) it wouldn't hurt to buy a couple thousand to play with.