Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ipsc Classifier Match?

Does anyone know of a club running an IPSC classifier match (Linda Chico's mail in) in order to obtain an IPSC classification prior to the Targeting Education World Shoot qualifier match? I'd like to get classifed prior to the Targeting education match. Thanks and best regards, Brian Smith

Does anyone know of a club running an IPSC classifier match (Linda Chico's mail in) in order to obtain an IPSC classification prior to the Targeting Education World Shoot qualifier match? I'd like to get classifed prior to the Targeting education match. Thanks and best regards, Brian Smith

You can 'do it yourself', if you can convince a club to run some IPSC classifiers (many of which, not coincidentally, are identical to older USPSA classifiers), then you rescore those stages as a match using the IPSC scoring program WinMSS, and submit the classifiers for the people that want them to IPSC. The whole process isn't too painful, though a little tedious since you need at least 10 sets of scoresheets even if only one person wants IPSC classifications.

Hello Brian,

I note that you, Randee and Dundee U. are coming up from your neck of the woods to shoot the Targeting Education match. Coincidentally, Dundee is also a current certified RO. If you simply go to our match website for Targeting Education:

http://www.lchico.5u.com/TargEd.html

and click on the Postal Match, you can print off the classifier stages. Linda picked the simplest ones (no more difficult to set up than an "El Prez"), so the three of you could go out to the range (I note that you three crossover by shooting at Owensboro, Middle Tennessee, and North Tennessee), set them up, and Dundee can certify that the COF's were set up and run correctly and then email the RO certified results to Linda. You then only need to send her the $6 fee for processing via snail mail, and you are all set. The whole process (set-up, shooting and tear-down) shouldn't consume more than 2-3 hours with just 3 people doing it.

She has effectively made it so you don't need the club to "run" the match so you can get classified...Rather, you can easily do it yourself. You just need a currently certified RO (either NROI or IROA) to certify that the results are valid and that all was set up correctly. PM me if I can be of further assistance. ;)

I hope this helps,

Jeff LaFave

Targeting Education MD

Edited by Barrettone

• 2 weeks later...