Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 24 A Good Deal?

AustinMike

I noticed a Glock 24 for sale the other day for about $500, looks like it's in nice condition. I shoot a G22 in Limited now and have been toying with getting a S_I at some point. One of the things in my mind was whether I'd go 5" or 6" barrel length down the road. I was thinking maybe an old G24 might be a good way to try out the longer sight radius and see if it works for me, without spending a lot of money. Is that a reasonable price for a G24?

That sounds like a pretty fair deal. I have a G24 and a G35 and I'm not so sure that I don't like the 35 better. If you are used to the Glock already it seems like a sensible way to go.

I bought a mint 2nd-gen G24 not too long ago, and have been extremely impressed. Previously I shot my G35 in Ltd, and the 24 is simply a nicer Ltd/L10 gun, IMO. I don't notice a bit of difference in transitions, and it's very, very soft-shooting. I do notice the sight radius difference, and I can see why 6" guns like Benny Hill's "Fat Free" are so popular. I wouldn't want to draw it out of anything but a race-holster, however.

Ha -- all that said, it will probably go on the Classifieds here in a week, or so. Not trying to shill it, but an S*I build I ordered is finally about ready, and I don't think I can justify both guns, especially since they don't work well together, as back-ups -- different holster, OAL on ammo, and so forth.