Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swinger Bill Drill

ErikW

This stage Sunday had an 8-round speed shoot including a swinger activated by a US Popper. Shooting a foo-foo blaster in Open, I saved them for last. Made a sure shot on the USP, swung over to the swinger, put the dot on the A zone, fired the first shot before it really got moving, lined up for the second shot, and--WHOOOOOAAA! That thing just took off like a bat out of hell. But I was planning to move the gun anyway, so I just moved with it, or rather, where I thought it would be... it was way too fast to track. Took the second shot, thought I may have been a bit behind it, took another and another and fifth and a sixth, all in the first left-right sweep of this very fast, hardcovered swinger at seven yards. The six shots were at, I'm estimating, .13 - .16 splits.

The crowd went wild. Comments were made about whether two shots had actually hit the swinger as we walked up to score. Six hits on paper, two low in the black. Two Alphas!

Incredibly cool, incredibly lame. (Four extra shots on a little speed shoot: lame!) I just seem to shoot the foo-foo gun on autopilot. I later made up a called C on a Virginia count classifer.

I loved that little speed trap, er speed shoot.  I shot the USPopper that activated the drop turner first, shot at the USPopper for the swinger, missed because I pulled off the USPopper in my haste to get to the swinger before it moved.  I went back to the USPopper, hit it and then drilled the swinger twice before it even thought about moving.  Then I shot the stationary partial target and finally the drop turner.

Good thing for me that I didn't set up this stage, I wouldn't have been so kind as to leave the drop turner visible when it stopped.

My excuse for screwing this one up:  I was too busy screwing around with my helmet camera, didn't do a walk through, didn't do a visualization, too many people were talking, the sun was in my eyes, I need a new battery in my Cmore, and can we set this one up again?