Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being Excused From Guard Duty

LittlePistol

I am supposed to have guard duty this weekend on Saturday and Sunday, but my boss excused me from duty on Saturday so I can shoot the Las Cruces match! I have to make up the day on Monday, but at least I can shoot this weekend!!! See you guys there!

Gotta love having a cool boss! :wub:

It would be nice if my commander in my unit would let me off to shoot. My monthly matches and drill both take place on the same weekend.

7 more drills to go.

Be careful if you're closing out. My wife was CO of a reserve unit, and everybody who filed for retirement in it was being activated and shipped out to Iraq (her unit was navy medical).

The attitude is that before they let them get out and start drawing retirement, they want to get a few more years of active duty out of them.

It was apparrent that the "retirement" papers were the flag that was triggering automatioc activation. My wife and many others at retirement age simply went on inactive status for now to avoid that. No loss in $$, since she isn't eligible for any retirement pay for several more years.

Be careful.

A whole lot of 50+ year old folks are still in shock from being shipped out. Old and wobbly doesn't seem to be a legitimate excuse any more.

A whole lot of 50+ year old folks are still in shock from being shipped out. Old and wobbly doesn't seem to be a legitimate excuse any more.
Speaking as a 50+ year old folk :) it wasn't too bad, and hopefully won't be too bad the next time (now that they've changed the rules on how often we can go).

Speaking as a 50+ year old folk :) it wasn't too bad, and hopefully won't be too bad the next time (now that they've changed the rules on how often we can go).

When I got out of Nam, the next time I was scheduled to go back was after the women, children and cripples.... :lol:

Im NON deployable for the next 16 months. My last deployment was due to an IRR call up.

Everytime I hear something like this, it makes me think twice about going IRR when I get out next year. :(

How did you get non deployable status?

Well, I am a 50+ dinosaur and so screwed up that I can't even imagine going out again.

You must have gotten a better body than the one they issued me.

I hope you don't have to go back.

Im NON deployable for the next 16 months. My last deployment was due to an IRR call up.

Everytime I hear something like this, it makes me think twice about going IRR when I get out next year. :(

How did you get non deployable status?

In reality, I don't think that it's possible to be absolutely non-deployable. If they need you, you can be recalled.