Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Crossover Challlenge!

Carmoney

So why not Join ICORE as well and make it a menage tois?

twpike, an excellent suggestion--and one that I have already taken to heart.

I joined ICORE recently, and have signed up to shoot the IRC.

I would encourage all the wheelgunners out there to do the same! A revolving three-way....how can you go wrong?? ;)

What about USRA???

I am going to miss out on half of the local IDPA matches this year cuz they are on the same dates that I have to play match director for my home USPSA club.

But, I'll try and see when the nearest IDPA state match is and see if I can get in on it. Probably Wisconsin but we'll see where exactly it is this year and when. Last year was bad timing.

Yeah, it's the crossover challenge, not the cross-dresser challenge. ;)

I started and found the wheel in IDPA

I crossed over in 2005 season

I shot a short gun at 2006 USPSA natl,

and I beat Bones at smith and wesson in 2007(I had to add that

because he whooped me bad in 05 at S&W)

I am still looking to ICORE

maybe the IRC this year

Eveyone should join the entire shooting community

of all shooting sports

I love It

because of the people

Gary

Lets all make this a challange to get someone to cross over this year........

I started and found the wheel in IDPA

I crossed over in 2005 season

I shot a short gun at 2006 USPSA natl,

and I beat Bones at smith and wesson in 2007(I had to add that

because he whooped me bad in 05 at S&W)

maybe the IRC this year

Eveyone should join the entire shooting community

of all shooting sports

I love It

because of the people

Gary

Lets all make this a challange to get someone to cross over this year........

Gary,

I hadn't heard from anyone how you all did at S&W but just checked the scores, looks like the competition was tough this year. Nice job although it is going to be hard now that you are classified Master, how did it feel to know that you were shooting against Jerry?!

Things are winding down here at home and I hope to be able to start shooting again this summer, it has been way too long. Where have you been shooting USPSA locally? I have been wanting to try it and this may be the summer.

Greg

I am going to miss out on half of the local IDPA matches this year cuz they are on the same dates that I have to play match director for my home USPSA club.

But, I'll try and see when the nearest IDPA state match is and see if I can get in on it. Probably Wisconsin but we'll see where exactly it is this year and when. Last year was bad timing.

Keith,

My club is holding the state IDPA match again this year. Schultz Rod and Gun Club in Muskego WI. It is the first week in August 4 and 5. Last year Bones came down with his speedloaders and put the hurting on us moon clip guys. Spanked us pretty good. Let me know if you are coming.

Tom

Gary - you'll enjoy WI - Tom and those folks do a great job - nice people too.

I saw you shoot ESR at the the WCs this year. I think you've reached the point now where you can loose the training wheels and upgrade to a real revolver - honest. Why not graduate and join us in SSR for the Nationals?

Mike,

Several of the final components were acquired and/or sent of for modification this weekend for the Summer Blast gun - my very hush-hush super top secret project. I expect it will be ready by the end of the month. I'm still working on getting Kim to shooter Revolver with us.

Both of our USPSA renewals went in this morning.

Craig

Craig, that's excellent news. I hope you manage to convince your wife. I know there were at least a couple lady revo shooters at last year's Summer Blast.

Make sure you let her shoot a real revolver (one that uses moonclips). ;)

Keith,

My club is holding the state IDPA match again this year. Schultz Rod and Gun Club in Muskego WI. It is the first week in August 4 and 5. Last year Bones came down with his speedloaders and put the hurting on us moon clip guys. Spanked us pretty good. Let me know if you are coming.

Tom

Thanks for the info, Tom.

As busy as August is for shooting that does look like it may be possible for me.

I'll see if any of the other Minnesotans are planning on going and will let you know for sure if I can actually make it.

How many revolvers have you been getting in past years?

maybe the IRC this year

Do it, Gary! Should be great to shoot against Dan in his home state!

;)

Gpappy we shoot ipsc all over get a hold of me and let me know

as for bones I had a great time with you as ussual and wouldn't want to spoil yoiur day

shooting ssr

I will search IRC see if I can make it

wis state won't work for me I think we're at our big family Vaca.

Talk to you guys soon

Gary

I'm sorry to say I have never had any great enthusiasm for joining ICORE. I have shot quite a few matches and even own an 8 shot .38 Super (now THAT is a gamey moonclip gun with no real world application!) but I still can't get turned on by ICORE. Game guns and 125 PF don't do anything to inspire me.

Dave Sinko

Well Mike, after I cleared the 2' of snow from my driveway Saturday I managed to set-up & chrono my Summer Blast load.

Did you know how easy it is to make 165 PF with a 300 gr bullet and a 6" barrel? It appears to shoot flat out to 50 yd. I didn't even need ear plugs.... I found a couple old Bianchi-cup holsters I had and will probably use one of those.

With a little more convincing I think I might be able to convince Kim to shoot my Model 67 & shoot minor.

Did you consider the IDPA TN/SE Regional match in May?

Craig

300-grain bullets?? Sweet! (Is it some kind of .50?) ;)

My May is packed already: Sunflower Classic in KS, Iowa Sectional, and the IRC in CA.

It will be fun, but stressful, considering my current workload at the office..... :wacko:

I won't be making it to AwareA7 this year, so here's a heads-up for you out-of-towners......

to make it fair, you guys should know that things chrono slower up there than at sea level....a bunch of people got bumped minor last year....including one in my squad (open/ minor).

Have fun!