Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Arkansas Section Handgun Championship - Uspsa

Hello Shooters

CASA is hosting this years AR Section Handgun Championship on May 5 and 6, 2007. Last years was a big hit and this years is geared towards being even better. This years format is "one gun - 1 1/2 day match" The round count will be 250+ with 12 stages of fire. David Hyden said the Chrono will be there too, so check those loads. We've aquired 8 new guns for this years match. Winners of their division will win a gun if there are at least 7 competitors in that division. The remaining guns will be on the prize table for a randon drawing. Lunch will be provided for Saturday only. We hope to get everyone out by lunch time on Sunday for that drive home. Match fee is $100 if postmarked after April 14th, and $125 there after. No exceptions.

Please email me or call me if you have any questions. rjohnston@aristotle.net or 501-821-5611

See ya on the range,

Ron Johnston

2007ARSctnHndgnChmpnshpApp.doc

2007HandgunChampMatchInfo_lnk.doc

Edited by ipscron2000

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Shooters

I’ve attached the stages for the upcoming 2007 AR Section Handgun Championship. Look ‘em over, it’s going to be a fun match. The deadline is coming up fast to get your money in without a late fee.

2007_AR_Section_Handgun_Championship_stages.pdf

Call me if you have any questions.

Ron Johnston

CASA

501-821-5611

This is from David Hyden our Section Coordinator:

Regarding my email yesterday about talking up the championship, please let folks know about our sponsors, and that we are doing TWELVE stages, and giving away 11 guns. That’s right, ELEVEN guns. Language you can go with will be the division winner will win a Springfield Armory XD, a special raffle for a custom Glock, and a general raffle for the remaining guns. A prize table will be awarded by random draw. You can mention that the match is sponsored by US Shooting Academy, and other sponsors include, C-More, Hogue Grips, Midway USA, Montana Gold Bullets, Para-Ordnance, Precision Delta, Sierra/ Starline, Precision Bullets, Springfield Armory, STI, Bagmaster, Techwear, Shooters Connection, Area 4, and CED. Registration is $100 before April 14, $125 after (as stated on the entry form).

David Hyden

This is from me:

Screw the gas prices. Grab a buddy and come shoot with us. It'll be a great match. The Farmers Almanac says "Average 76 degrees and sunny and warm" WOW. It just doesn't get any better than that.

Ron Johnston

• 2 weeks later...
Two weeks from this last weekend...................................

knowing Mr. Hyden, It's gonna be a good one!

Looking forward to it, even if I can't find the time to get ready for it.

Hop

"Get ready"? Is that like having enough bullets and your holster with you and stuff?

A group of us from the Kansas City area are coming down. We heard it will be a great match.

(Just hope my entry gets there in time).

Chris

BTW, any chain motels or places to stay that you can recommend? Prefer close to range but clean is the most important. Thanks.

No suggestions?

Edited by Resjudicata

Chris,

Can't help too much on the Hotel thing, it is being taken care of by one of my partners in crime.

Two years ago I stayed at a new hotel just off 40 and the road you exit onto to go to the range, nice enough and the price was surprising for a new hotel. Can't remember the name though sorry.

If you see a bald guy with a limp shooting a Limited gun say Hi. ;)

Hopalong

I believe the DFW wrecking crew is staying at the La Quinta.

Question for the MD's .... on Stage 4, Wedgie - what's the start position for string 1??

Looking over the stage descriptions, it looks like we're going to be more or less squatting with our hands down at/near the bottom of the barricade? Or is that a table? Hard to see on the stage diagram.

Thanks!

I believe the DFW wrecking crew is staying at the La Quinta.

Question for the MD's .... on Stage 4, Wedgie - what's the start position for string 1??

Looking over the stage descriptions, it looks like we're going to be more or less squatting with our hands down at/near the bottom of the barricade? Or is that a table? Hard to see on the stage diagram.

Thanks!

The start position for string one is hands on "x"'s. And the prop is a sheet of plywood tipped down in the front and up in the back. You will be shooting under and over each string.

Ron

PS. Hey Sam K.

Just as a precautionary measure, bring your rain gear and a trash bag to put your range bag into. Of course the range is dirt, which becomes mud if it rains. Yuck! Regardless, we'll have fun either way.

See ya

Ron J