Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Egw U And Lee Factory Crimp

austinkroe

I have heard that you should NEVER tumble loaded rounds as it will/could change the burn rate of the powder. Which would not be a good thing. I have never used any case lube

either and never thought I needed any. I also only shoot my own brass new or factory brass I have shot in my gun. Just cheaper piece of mind insurane to know where the brass has been and how many times it has been reloaded. Also Glock brass only gets

shot in Glocks. Anyway, helps me sleep at night. Good luck.

T

Guys, I earlier in my reloading education "read" and "heard" the same things that you have, and believed the same things... :(

I kept seeking out knowledge from more educated and savvy reloaders for their tips. I lost a gun at Second Chance from a high primer that I wasnt "educated" enough to know to run my damn finger across the 100round count box to check for the high primers. That was an expensive lesson and I learned it :) !

I then asked everyone that would talk to me how they reloaded ammo, then how to load it in bulk, if they lubed cases or not, etc. You get the idea. I am continually learning how to reload ammo, and changing the way I do things when I find out a better way to do it, or acutally just a simpler way.

The reason we share the information is to pass it along, to help out people because people helped us out. :D

If you choose not to use case lube or tumble loaded rounds, that is fine, but we are trying to educate people that there is better ways to do these things that we have to, and you dont have to believe the myths and "folklore" that passes for absolutes. For the volume I reload I need to use case lube so I dont injure my shooting equipment(arm), which would kinda be a detriment to why I reload.... :wacko: .

Some of the tips posted here involve a little more work, but there is a reason why we do it. It is up to you to decide if it is a benefit or not. I just hate to see people write stuff off that will help them so quickly. Sorry for the long post!

Good luck,

DougC

In the same vein as Doug......

DO the testing!!! Figure out what has merit for you and what doesn't. For example: Drop 100 loaded rounds in the tumbler, take 10 out at 1/2 hour, label them in a baggie and keep doing that until you have them all out. Dig out your chrono, and start with the ammo that was in a half hour. If you see a statistical deviation from where the ammo started you KNOW without a doubt what the cause was. If you don't you KNOW that it doesn't hurt a thing. Knowing the answer, telling people then what you know and HOW you found that out makes a big difference. Lots of people spread 'common knowledge' with absolutely nothing more than faith in what they have read a few times either on internet boards or in gun magazines. There are so many things that are repeated that just aren't true!!!!!

500K rounds reloaded the same way only proves someone has the gumption to pull the handle 500K times. There are better ways to do a lot of these things, try them and see what works for you.