Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Emergency Medical Planning

John,

The CRC has the data on GSWs Army wide. Your AKO access will give the url up on a search. I can assure you that it is more than one. Dismissing observed occurrences as anecdotal is not taking into account that the investigation I took part in is compiled Army wide with some rigor. I will drop them an email and let's see what they have to say. I think (unhappily) that GSW on ranges are more than a once in a 25 year career event. I am pretty busy at the Academy, setting up a new Warrior Training Center, but I will put this on the to do list.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our club doesn't have, nor do I anticipate ever having, a prepared medical emergency procedure. IMHO, I personally don't see any need for one.

We do have a pretty well stocked first aid kit and I have a "keep you from bleeding to death" kit in my truck from my EMT days. Our club membership of less than 20 is fortunate to include an Oral Surgeon, a pharmacist, two or three who are trained in first response by large industrial firms and me, with my expired EMT license.

I think that most clubs our size or larger will have a large mixture of the same skill sets that combined, would be able to get someone packaged for transport to a local medical facility (40 miles away) or to a pickup point for helicopter evac.

FWIW

dj