Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mississippi Classic........level Iii

hopalong

Sorry to dig this one back up but was curious what the round gun count made it up to....sent mine in...will be first major match shooting the wheelgun..

David T.

a52419

Have no idea what we are up to yet, but I know of three locals, (including me) and one out of towner besides yourself that are planning to shoot the wheel. Welcome aboard :D

Talked to John a couple of weeks ago, he said numbers are down. I can see that as I know of 2 that are shooting another division, and 4 others that are not returning for one reason or another. I do know that there should be around 6 signed up right now and that several others are trying to see if they can swing it.

I myself am shooting in Limited this year. I have a little unfinished business to attend to that has been sitting on the shelf the last 3 while I shot Revo. (Sorry)

I can tell you for sure that the State champion title will be hotly contested within the ranks so you Mississippi guys better be practicing. :P

I also have noticed a little drop off in the wheelgunners in some of the other matches that have self squadding.........A-6, A-4, Space City to name the most obvious. I can't say much since I have not shot mine since last years Nationals but I'm like Carmoney and won't be too much longer on the flat guns.

This match has always been a blast to shoot with a wheelgun and I know I will miss the fun and the challenge of it, will be a little envious watching you guys bump elbows.

Hopalong

I can tell you for sure that the State champion title will be hotly contested within the ranks so you Mississippi guys better be practicing. :P

Hopalong

Hop, the High Overall will up for grabs depending on who shows up, but the State Champion will have about five guys in the mix that could all get lucky since johnny is probably going to shoot Open in preparation for Missoula. Tommy Cabell would be the odds on favorite, but you can't leave out Tim Lott (Two-Time Champion) or Wayne Alcott who is certainly no slouch either. Glenn and I will be there to put some pressure on and Glenn has been smoking lately with his 610. Who knows, if all of them break a leg or manage to DQ themselves, I might even have a shot :D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Time to bump this up so folks can see it. At last count we had 8 shooters for the wheel. I can't believe there aren't more shooters out there with the 230 hard cast to shoot a revolver :D:P

I think we need to call in some amarkers on this one. What about you glockfan? You slid on us last year, but you did great at the ICORE match down in LA. in March. Are you going to try and snivel on us this year? <_<:D

What about the rest of you guys from aroung the area? Don't any of you want to take some MS money home, along with a few bragging rights? :D

For any one that is waffling about going to the wheel, I will do this. If you have a 34" or smaller waist, I will supply belt, holster(CR Speed) and ammo along with my own 625 with a slick 6lb DA pull to the first one that comes across to shoot the wheel. All you got to do is sign up for the match and show up.

PM me if you are interested.

19 and a wake-up :D

• 2 weeks later...

Stages are up on the web page!!!!

Sorry you Kansass shooters will be missing it!

John told me he has 10 wheelgunners with a couple of maybe fence sitters, not quite as good as last year, but still not too bad.

HOP

Edited by hopalong

Stages are up on the web page!!!!

Sorry you Kansass shooters will be missing it!

John told me he has 10 wheelgunners with a couple of maybe fence sitters, not quite as good as last year, but still not too bad.

HOP

Maybe next year we can work something out.

Good Luck on the Match.

Good Luck with the Sunflower. You guys didn't get hit too hard with those tornadoes did you?

PAT

No they were west of us. We got hit by all the flooding. But it didn't bother the range.