Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem With Xl-650 Case Feeder With .223 Cases

Hi,

I have two problems with the Case Feeder attached to my XL650 Press with .223 Rem. cases:

1. More or less every 5(!) cases the casefeed plate is blocked by a case which jams between the plate and the left side of the opening in the casefeed bowl that is right above the casefeed funnel.

See the attached picture!

It only happens when the case mouth is pointing towards the direction the casefeed plate turns.

This is not depending on how many cases there are in the casefeed bowl, 10 or 100 - it's all the same.

2. Perhaps every 30 or 40 cases one case falls down the casefeed tube upside down.

I mailed Dillon one week ago but I didn't get an answer. :angry:

Did anyone have the same problem?

Any suggestions to prevent these problems?

Thank you very much

Erik

post-9257-1170941147.jpg

I can't help with the solution but mine seems to have a wider opening than that. Mine goes farther to the right side. I don't have any issues at all with 223 cases. I might have to take a pic of the opening.

The opening is 32 mm; this is ~1,26 inch.

I think IF the opening was even wider the case wouldn't jam but fall down the funnel upside down ...

Sorry, but apparently your e-mail got trapped in our spam filters, as it never made it to my desk. It appears that the metal cuff on the left side of the port is on upside down. The bevel shown in the picture should be up, to deflect the case mouth upward. Pry it off, invert it, and reinstall. It is merely a press fit. :ph34r:

Sorry, but apparently your e-mail got trapped in our spam filters, as it never made it to my desk. It appears that the metal cuff on the left side of the port is on upside down. The bevel shown in the picture should be up, to deflect the case mouth upward. Pry it off, invert it, and reinstall. It is merely a press fit. :ph34r:

1. Maybe the spam filter is the one to blame! ;-)))

I think this is realistic because I attached the same picture to the mail that I attached in my first posting.

As far as I know some spam filters filter e-mails with attachments ... :ph34r:

I removed the attachment and sent it again. :unsure:

2. Indeed the metal cuff on the left side of the port on the picture looks as if it was upside down but it isn't - the bevel is UP (maybe the flash of the camera made it look a little bit strange).

3. What I tried today was to push the metal cuff about 3 mm to the right so the bevel reliably deflected all cases with case mouth pointing to the left side.

Now only cases fell down the funnel that were pointing to the left side with their bottom.

Before moving the metal cuff ALL cases fell down the funnel regardles which orientation they had (if they were not jamming).

I don't know what the intented way of operation is! Sould ALL cases fall down or only with bottom to the left?

Thank you very much

Erik