Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Shooter...kind Of!

JimmyL

Hi everyone,

I'm just getting back into shooting. It's been about 9 years and I did some other things during that time but I'm back. I was a solid "D" shooter until I read Brian's book and moved up to "C". I was working on moving up to "B" when I decided that open would be more fun. I didn't really enjoy it as much and quit shooting. I'm back now and I've found these forums. I'll probably read alot more than I will post but I just wanted to say hi and let everyone know who I am.

After I read Brian's book, I shot a match and after the first position, I moved to the right, and ran through my (still in the air) brass! I had done this a hundred times and this was the first time that I realized it! I was actually seeing everythig, without seeing the stage. This was the point at which I started moving up. I had shot a lot of matches and fired 2-300 rounds a week of practice. The book helped me more than anything. I learned to focus on the stage without REALLY looking at the stage (and seeing everything around me). I just wanted to thank Brian for helping me, more than all the people that I've talked to at matches, your book is what turned on the light bulb for me and started me moving up/

Edited by JimmyL

Jimmy,

Welcome! I just ordered a copy of Brian's book and can't wait to get it! Anyway, just wanted to say welcome to the forums and back to the sport! :D

Reading Brian's book was the best thing that I ever did! Just like the title implies, I knew how to shoot... I didn't know how to think!