Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat Basepads

AzoneHits

To those who have used them and even to those who have not use them. Please post your opinion pertatining to the corresponding questions.

1. Is it easy to take out the basepad from the magazine tube like the dawsons without any tools?

2. Reliability wise, does the locking mechanism hold really well with time and punishment?

3. Does the extra weight really matter compared to the lighter aluminum basepads as far as reloads are concern?

4. Does the added weight affect the firing and handling of the gun?

The pad purchase was the result of one mag not dropping once, but being anal about my guns running, I figured this would be insurance. I don't shoot well enough to make up for a malfunction.

I have two of the Limcat brass, a +1 and a +2. To remove you need to depress a pin, almost anything will work, a ballpoint pen, a paperclip, small screwdriver, the point of small needlenose pliers, a twig, the hard end of a shoelace.

Bought last April, from Shooters Connection, and used them with both my Open and Limited gun with no problems. Probably over 30 matches. These are on my #1 and #2 mags so they have been dropped a lot.

The extra weight helps insure that the mag drops. I can't tell any difference on reloads. Physics would indicate that the mag would start dropping quicker, but not fall faster, due to the additional weight. Hope that makes sense.

Any affect in firing and handling would take a much better shooter than I to notice. Can't tell they made any difference in my shooting, but my mags alway drop.