Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wouldn't You Know It....just Before A Match

Pin Shooter

I had my gun completely stripped down on the weekend, and put it all back together on Monday, and carefully planned a trip to the range to sight in between rain and chores on Tuesday......

Carefully propped on a bag I shot 10 x 8 shot groups...real nice ones too.

So I figure that, it looks good, tighten the adjustment screw and do some free hand shooting. Ooops...the group goes from an inch to 12inches. Carefully looking over my shoulder to make sure that no one had witnessed this outragous failure, I reloaded and tried again. Boom, another shoddy group. Could this be it, did my eyes instantly fail, have I lost that tiny bit of skill that I had worked so hard to attain.

Back to the bag....1st shot...where did that go? 2nd shot mud to the right of the target....

Hang on....perhaps the gun is broken.......Aaaaaah what a relief, I had broken my C more,

big time. I guess that it was about time....I had bought it 6 years ago, 2nd hand and showing signs of wear. It took the brunt of a big fall in a match, has been beaten up by every TSA agent in the USA, been wet, dusty , dirty, knocked, scratched ,dented and melted ( I made the melted part up to add flavour to the story, but the rest is true ) and finally, due to a heavy handed screwer ( Me ) she is now a No More.....

When I got home I figured I would call C More and see if this was repairable, or should I just shell out the cash and buy another. The guy at C More, not only said that it could be repaired ( New body ), but when I told him that I was heading off for a match next friday. told me he would do his best to get it back to me before I left.

Now that is service................ :D

That would be great Doug. yeah, Slide Ride is correct. I was using a 6moa, but anything would do. Thanks for the offer. :D

Mark

Mark, let me know, I will throw a spare in with me, what MOA you need? Slide ride, right?

DougC

Jamie....You'll never get over that!!!!! :lol:

<_< Well ...that better than having it brake at Steel Challenge :( Ho wait ..Im over that ;)