Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has anyone heard where area 4 is being held? I looked on the USPSA web site but still haven't found anything that indicates where it'll be.

The match schedule is screwy. There are several Area matches that come after the FGN nationals. I'm certain for most this is no big deal - but I was really hoping to have more than one shot at earning a slot to the FGN. With all area matches coming after that nationals this makes my taks that much harder.

I swear - the more I look into this the more nervous I get. I am convinced that trying to come back is ten times harder than trying to get started. Expectations . . . why must they reside in my mind????

JB

You can't win a slot for 2003 Nats in 2003.  2003 slots are given for performance in 2002's Matches.  

If you did not win a slot yet, get your name on the list as soon as you can.   Then win one for 2004.

USPSA explains the slot system here;

http://www.uspsa.org/2002_National_Slot_Policy.html  

(Edited by Rich Bagoly at 3:29 pm on Nov. 24, 2002)

(Edited by Rich Bagoly at 3:30 pm on Nov. 24, 2002)

The Area 4 match will be at the Clark's range near Shevesport again in 2003. I don't know the exact date but I'm pretty sure it will be the 2nd weekend in June.

You can contact Area 4 director Kenneth Hicks at kenhicks@hickspost.com for information on slots, match dates etc.  I know there are times that slots awarded to a section go unused, but I don't know what the mechanism is for redistributing them.  

Al