Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Nationals to go to?

Oh man, why do they schedule them on the same weekend!  Decisions, decisions.  I've missed the last 3 Dodge Dakota R/T club national meets because they keep having them the either the week before, the week after or the same week-end as the Race Gun or Open nationals.  

How do I decide?  R/T nationals: drunken hotel parking lot parties, half naked women, burn out contests, stereo contests, drag racing, autocrossing, BBQ, a 572 cubic inch Hemi crate motor give away.

Racegun nationals: frantic gun and mag cleaning every night, 3 inches of talcum powder dust in everything, waking up at 0'dark hundred and driving 22 miles and parking in the talcum powder and sand parking lot, rushed evening meals that taste like, yup dust! so you can get back to the hotel to clean guns and mags.

R/T nationals: Ocean City, Maryland 6,008 miles round trip.

Race Gun nationals: Bend, Oregon 1050 miles round trip, oops plus 400 miles to/from the range.

WooHoo, I'm going to the Race Gun Nationals.  This time I'm taking a rental car, I'm still cleaning that damn talcum powder out of my R/T!

Oh the Lightening boys have national meets as well, and for some odd reason they hold them around the same weekends as the R/T club.  2 years ago they had a big meet at the same racetrack (Topeka, Ks.) as the R/T club.  I heard rumors that as least 4 hotels had to have sections of their parking lots repaved.