Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Need To Get My Sight Picture Back!

steel1212

My thought going into that stage..."I'm going to have to pay attention to what the gun/sights are doing".

Funny...how that works. :)

I had a long, meandering post in the editor, but I've culled it to this:

So I've been thinking about this, and came to the conclusion that (at least as of now, Friday<g>) this is really kinda simple. There's a finite amount of "stuff" you have available to you when the buzzer goes off. Like a container, or glass. Fill it with a goal of speed, and there's no longer room in the glass for a vision-driven goals (calling shots, etc).

Does this seem reasonable?

I seem to shoot best when I do what the sights tell me what to do. In the walk through I'm trying to figure out what sight picture I'll need for each and every shot.

If you don't fight for your sight picture in practice, you will have a harder time doing when the buzzer goes off.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

Before I got in to ipsc, I shot bowling pins. I learned the hard way that if you want to see the pins fall fast, watch someone else shoot!! If you want your pins to fall fast watch your FRONT SIGHTS!!! The pins will magically disappear. Because pins are set about 23-25 ft. away, I have always been fast up close to targets. That has been the hardest thing to over come. Past 25 ft. I had the habit of shooting at the same speed as up close.

Watching the front sight is the key. Your shots will be there.

Last year at the fl. St. match I was shooting my own game and doing very well. Sat. night I woke up at about 1 am. And thought I might just win master class!! Next day, I tried to shoot a little faster just to make sure. I gave up 120 points in penalties!

(Still came in 3rd. master LOL)

:P:ph34r: