Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&w 25-2 - What's A Reasonable Price?

Flatland Shooter

Always thought that when I retired I'd pull out all those guns I acquired through the years and go shooting. I'm shooting more but seem to stick to the same few guns.

This one has been in the safe for 20+ years. Time for it to go to the range, but I'm just not a revo shooter. So, I'm thinking of selling her to a good home but have no idea what she's worth.

She's a S&W 25-2 Blue with 6" bbl plus TS, TT, TH. All original in worn blue box with four moon clips, several different Instruction & Safety Manuals and the brown wax paper wrapper she came in.

As for condition, the gun doesn't appear to have been shot much. No holster wear. The only wear in the bluing is a thin line around the cylinder where the cylinder stop rubs. A small 1/4' scratch (not deep) is found on the bottom of the original wood grips. If it helps, SN is N845xxx. On the box under Product Code is 0252026036 and under Spec. Ord. is the number 3196.

Any help out there?

Bill

Flatland Shooter

Do a search here in the classifieds at least one sold pretty quickly after it was listed. Timing is important and the revolver season is upon us. I bought mine for $600 last year, condition was 9/10 and came with a red dot scope plus all original equipments, iron sights, box, cleaning tools etc. They really are great guns.

My bad. I think you are right jmorris. If the moderators can move this to the proper forum I would appreciate it.

I live just north of Houston and when I do sell, I don't think I want to mess with the hassle of tracking down a "friendly" FFL or the nuiasance of dealing with FedEx or UPS or whoever I would need to deal with for shipping.

I will prefer a FTF transfer so that the buyer can see what he is getting before he hands over the cash. Old school, yes, but that's my preference.

Thanks for everyone's input. (Even the low ball bids, helps me keep my perspective.) :)

Bill

I looked up Longville on the map. You are right at 200 miles from my house.

Ah but, are you shooting at Double Tap or Space City Challenge?

Bill

Yeah, but I'm on the wrong side of the Sabine River for the deal. :(

I'm thinking about the Space City match. It'd be my second USPSA major match. Maybe this time I'll load ammo that works. :lol: