Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rs Kit Trigger Spring Type And Strength?

Matt Griffin

Mine broke at about 6000 rounds and a friends broke at about that same number. Both within one week of another right before our sectional match. Mine broke the night before I was to shoot the section match so I just put the factory one back in and I really couldn't tell the difference. So I just left the factory one in as I have to yet break a factory one. I've seen other people break factory ones it just hasn't happened to me, yet. If I shoot the gun all year (10,000 rds or more) I will just replace it as preventitive maintenance. Springs are cheap.

I think you're correct though. If I had to guess, it is probably a Wolff spring.

Edited by Keith

Mine broke at about 6000 rounds and a friends broke at about that same number. Both within one week of another right before our sectional match. Mine broke the night before I was to shoot the section match so I just put the factory one back in and I really couldn't tell the difference. So I just left the factory one in as I have to yet break a factory one. I've seen other people break factory ones it just hasn't happened to me, yet. If I shoot the gun all year (10,000 rds or more) I will just replace it as preventitive maintenance. Springs are cheap.

I think you're correct though. If I had to guess, it is probably a Wolff spring.

I agree, I can't really tell a difference. I'm disappointed, however, that the factory spring didn't cure my problem where the trigger safety doesn't reengage after lightly depressing the trigger. Maybe a stronger trigger spring and a factory striker spring would do the trick.

H.

You are correct in that Ralph uses the Wolff extra power spring. Contact him and he'll be glad to mail you two new ones on his dollar. He's a great man to do business with and completely backs his products.

I agree, I can't really tell a difference. I'm disappointed, however, that the factory spring didn't cure my problem where the trigger safety doesn't reengage after lightly depressing the trigger. Maybe a stronger trigger spring and a factory striker spring would do the trick.

H.

A heavier striker spring will kick the trigger back with more push, at the expense of a heavier trigger pull.

The "trigger spring" (which attaches to the trigger bar) actually works to pull the trigger, so you need a WEAKER spring there to make the trigger return with more force. The trigger spring basically competes with the striker spring: the trigger spring is trying to "pull" the trigger to the rear, and the striker spring is forcing it forward.

H.

A heavier striker spring will kick the trigger back with more push, at the expense of a heavier trigger pull.

The "trigger spring" (which attaches to the trigger bar) actually works to pull the trigger, so you need a WEAKER spring there to make the trigger return with more force. The trigger spring basically competes with the striker spring: the trigger spring is trying to "pull" the trigger to the rear, and the striker spring is forcing it forward.

Right, that's what I was saying. The factory striker spring is heavier than the one in Raph's kit, so I was going to install it in the hope that it would reset the trigger without the slide moving.

And, in Raph's favor, when I mentioned this to him he offered to work out the problem on his dime as well, I just chose not to bother.

H.