Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Special Classifier Rules

galt11

In a discussion tonight with some fellow shooters, I think we came up with a novel idea for a way to kinda police some of the possible equipment violations that might be spurning some of the new proposed rules. At all Special Classifier matches, there would have to be a chrono stage and an equipment check. This would allow new shooters to be checked out to make sure they understand the requirements. It would allow a way to check more experienced shooters to make sure they are not getting classified "illegally" using lower than declared rounds or illegal placement of equipment and also for them to double check everything. If you bust major or minor, your classification scores would reflect the correct power factor and any equipment problems could be rectified. It allows for a very controlled environment to get a classification that is "true". I would guess most Areas have at least one or two of these matches a year and this would be a great opportunity and place to bring and introduce new shooters to the sport without throwing them into a long and possible complicated field course.

Adam

Most clubs run Special Classifier matches about once a year. But, they all might not be ready/able to set up a chrono. And, running chrono is really running an extra stage. So, there would be road blocks to making it required.

(Nothing to stop any club from doing all that at any match now...not just a Special Classifier.)

Good idea, but it might not float.

Cute idea as a SURPRISE, but the same folks who have "questionable" equipment or loads are the same ones who would dodge a special classifer in fear of getting moved up.

Hell you're way they get to skip "tech inspection" and chrono too!!!

Three for the price of one :D

Most clubs run Special Classifier matches about once a year. But, they all might not be ready/able to set up a chrono. And, running chrono is really running an extra stage. So, there would be road blocks to making it required.

Maybe I don't understand but how can a competitor not be required to compete on every stage of a match? If they don't complete all the stages, their scores don't count.

Adam

Were you trying to quote me or DirtyPool ?

I'm saying it would be a pain in the butt for clubs to do...so it wouldn't likely get done. And, it would add a whole 'nuther stage to the match (time, shooting bay, RO).

DP, I think, is saying that the shooter would just skip the match entirely.