Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ti Cylinder?

mshotwell

The other thing that was pointed out to me about the Ty cylinder is cleaning. You need to use a nylon bush to avoid damaging the factory coating.

One of the PC guys explained that is why many have problems. After the amount of use we give a revolver, they find the coatings are cleaned off the inside of the cylinder by those that use stainless brushes.

Regards,

The other thing that was pointed out to me about the Ty cylinder is cleaning. You need to use a nylon bush to avoid damaging the factory coating.

One of the PC guys explained that is why many have problems. After the amount of use we give a revolver, they find the coatings are cleaned off the inside of the cylinder by those that use stainless brushes.

Regards,

I should add that Mr. Birdsong said to avoid using any steel or brass brush on the Birdsong coating also. He said if you need to use a brush use nylon. So far, just an oily rag and patches have worked fine on the finish.

Just got my 25-2 back from the factory, Ti cylinder installed. So, no brushes other than nylon, check. Test-fire for overheating and ejection sticking, check. Fire up the dremel to bob the hammer spur,..................check. :blink:

I guess if I have to, I have to. I can't go on with the "ball-peen hammer" impact on my primers my current trigger pull delivers. (Pretty much factory stock.)

It's all right, Patrick. Come toward the light.

I get it! :P Come toward the LIGHT> Hammer!

No Pat. Stay there and use CCI primers. If my sources for Federals don't turn around soon I'll be joining you. <_<

Patrick,

Once you lighten your hammer, I can show you some tricks for lightening your powder charge to go along with that. Don't tell the other guys, but it gives you a very soft recoil. ;)

Ken,

I just recently got 10K Federal primers. No shortage here. By the way, has anyone called dibs on your couch for Nationals? :P

Edited by aerosigns

I just recently got 10K Federal primers. No shortage here. By the way, has anyone called dibs on your couch for Nationals?

No, no one has it reserved, but it's a little over 100 miles from here to the range; that's a tough commute if you ask me. ;)

I'm staying in Tulsa (with in-laws possibly) but I'll ask Mother-In-Law if she would like to take on some boarders. :wacko: