Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dot for Open Pistol

ranger

I am thinking about dusting off my open pistol again. I want to replace my tube-type dot with a new dot. I know that many shooters are using the C-more and I see a few with the old Holo-sight.  Has anyone tried the new smaller Holo-sight?

In sumary, looking for advice on which dot to use in Open.

Thanks in advance, Scott Carter.

The c-more is the most widely used. It has some drawbacks and does take some getting used too. I'm going to try the docter sight on the new blaster. The Optimas still have too high a failure rate. A couple guys I shoot with have 3-4 that they rotate when one goes down. One guy has a docter and it has worked 100%. If the docter doesn't work out I'll go back to the C-more.

I used to use the 1st generation omni, the dot was the best i've seen but there were some reliability issues. the second generation omni is supposed to be out soon.

For now using c-more and can't complain.

I've owned and used an equal number of Optimas and C-Mores. I like the Optima because of the low sight height, low weight, and lack of obstruction of the ejection port. I like the C-More for everything else: dot quality and adjustability, reliability, etc.