Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tasco

Lee Watne

Bushnell "say" that they are in negotiation with some of Tasco's suppliers to continue 'some' of the tasco range as per previous. Bet that means the one that make a good profit. So the Optima may be a dead duck, no great loss in MHO.

All warrantee and service as per normal.

The supplier here in New Zealand has been informed that much of what we saw from Tasco down this way is unlikely to be affected. Bushnell seem particularly interested in allaying peoples fears that they will be left in the lurch. There is likely to be a gap in some supplies as new contracts are negotiated with manufacturers.

Tasco did not go broke, the pesion fund/corp that owned it needed money pronto so it was up for sale. Sale fell over late last year. No one stepped in quick enough so pension fund moved its money anyway. Tasco fiasco was the result.

• 1 month later...

John..

Are you going to try the new J-point that just came out ??  It is supposed to be an improved version of the Tasco..EABCO has it on their web site..I just ordered a mount for my CZ from them..Firepoint told me that they are going to have a improved model in the near future,

wonder how near..