Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Norgon Ambidextrious Magazine Release

No.343

I was early adopter of Norgon, bought my first one direct from them, before Brownells got it. Works great on all my 15's. However on my 308 it required tweaking. The bolt on Armalite 308 is longer than on 15's. Plus the spring was little lite so occasionally it would drop a full 308 mag. So I put one of those inserts from 15 extractor in it to increase the pressure and has worked fine ever since. For short bolt I just didn't screw the release button on all the way. I think two turns from flush did the trick.

Great product the only thing better is the KAC lower with built-in lefty release.

Lefty here. I bought one recently for my AR from Brownells. It was easy to install and seems to work well and its low profile. The only problem I have had is that I unconsiously use the magazine release bump as an index point for my left index finger when my finger is out of the trigger guard and I have twice dropped the mag by accident :D I am forcing myself to index my finger somewhere else on the rifle now. Its worth the adjustment though.

Basically it works well and is the best ambi mag release I have found for the AR platform.

I never figured out why the AR was designed so lefty unfriendly, especially given how friendly the M1/M14 platform is to either handed shooters.

Edited by baa