Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oal For 9x19 Precision Bullets?

revchuck

Has anyone loaded the Precision coated bullets in 9x19? I'm looking for a starting point for OAL, the longer the better (up to SAAMI max). The OAL would be the same for the different weight bullets, since the heavier bullets just extend the bearing surface farther. These will be used in a Beretta 92 and a CZ-75, so we're not talking match chambers. ;)

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

1.142 col is what i use with zero 125gr FMJFP bullets in my Beretta 92FS and it runs great. I first took out the barrel and dropped a round in to make sure the bullet wasn't hitting the rifling and it came right out without shaking when i turned it upside down.

I load the Precision 147s at ~1.15 and it is a superb load. I guess it is my favorite load for my Benny Built Fat Free 6" I use for 3 Gun......

Superb.

I throat EVERY gun to give clearance to all bullet profiles. Never give it a second thought when I get a new gun.... If a particular combination touches the rifling - pistol or rifle - the gun get throated to where it will work. the only exception would be my Precision Rifle - which is loaded to touch for that last little bit of accuracy. NOT needed in a handgun for any of the "fast" shooting sports...

IMO anyway... :)