Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fail To Feed, Owner Negligence

Brendan M

Pulled out gun and mags for cleaning, feed ramp was filthy. I guess in all the fun I’ve been having shooting Steel and USPSA I lost track of how many rounds have been fired sense last cleaning.

I cleaned everything thoroughly, my Steel match was cancelled tonight but I’m willing to bet I don’t have any problems with the clean gun.

If I do I'll report back.

Thanks to those who took time to respond.

Edited by Brendan M

Hmm - mags are 16 rnd - which makes them latest Generation and Mec-Gar builds them for CZ. Too few rounds for mags to be out of spec. Ammo is factory.

I can only come up w/ 2 possible solutions

1) return it to CZ as this should not occur w/ new mags & factory ammo or

2) don't take this wrong, but, how clean is the gun? CZs run very tight tolerances and they ARE, frankly, sensitive to dirt in the mags, behind the extractor and in the chamber. I clean all 3 areas and the rule on mags is this: if the mag touches the ground outdoors, I take it apart & clean it before the next stage (just like a limited gun). The CZ is not built like a Glock in that respect. Dirty CZ extractor/chamber and mags might account for the problems you describe.

Please let us know how you resolve this issue.

Edited by Carlos

Brendan - I'm with Carlos. Call CZ-USA and tell them. They'll probably ask you to send it in.

My 75B ran 100% with an unpolished ramp and Zero 125 grain JSPs. (It's still 100%, but I had the feed ramp polished for GP). If it needs a special OAL, it's broke. If it doesn't feed factory hardball from CZ mags, ditto.

CZ-USA is a good company, and they'll make it right.