Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Shooters

Pigdawg

A friend of mine and his wife bought a local bakery and decided that if they are going to be dealing in a lot of cash that maybe they should get their conceal carry permits. I directed them to the local shooting range I hang out and do some internet sales for so they can take a class to meet the county requirements. They enjoyed the class and wanted to learn to shoot a little more than just what the class tought them. So they came in to the range on a monday night just to practice and watched the Defensive Pistol League match for the evening. After the match was over the guy running the match offers to let them try it out just for fun while no one else is watching ....... Well the friend of mine says wow this is fun BUT the wife is HOOKED. They are now shooting IDPA matches atleast once a month if not more and shot their 1st steel match this week. Their son and his girlfriend are now also shooting.

Well after the 1st couple of matches on Monday night the crew was poking fun at the friend of mine and someone made the coment that "What are you going to do when your wife beats you?" He replys the day she beats me I will wear a dress to the next match.... Guess what it didnt take nearly as long as he had hoped or expected. She SMOKED him by about 20 seconds in their 1st steel match. So this weekend at the IDPA match he is wearing a nice flower print... ( PICS will follow)... :P

What I like about this is not so much seeing a friend/co-worker shooting an IDPA match in tatical drag but the fact we now have 4 more shooters in the area and expanding our sport.

What I dont like is they call me and tell me how great all the matches are they go to while im stuck working night shift.

Edited by Pigdawg