Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where Does My Gun Go In Idpa?

uscbigdawg

If the holster is "illegal" which unfortunately by definition it sounds like it and most other belt mounted, paddle holsters are, then I guess I'm not playin' IDPA.

Rich

Gotta love the way we shooters think..."$500 for a new gun plus $XXX for mods, no problem. Replace a $20 holster? No way!" :lol::rolleyes:

Yeah...I know what you mean. The thing is that the only carry holster I have is my 560 for my 1911 and most times I don't even use it when I carry concealed. I wear fairly loose fitting clothes (no you can't see my butt), and oddly enough a 1911 fits in the pocket. Sounds trashy I know, but the 1911 or my Edge, is mostly the in the car gun. I have the G22 and a G23 for on my person.

The Fobus is nice. Positive retention, draws very quickly and doesn't profile at all even when I wear my new cool USPSA fleece vest (thanks from the folks at USPSA and A6-3G).

When I get back from this next deployment and get back west with the fiance, I'll see how much SHE wants to shoot IDPA. It shouldn't be a big deal. I'll definitely get some more mags (again kahuna....$20/each! :ph34r::D ) and then just take the magwell off as I need or don't need it.

I shot 2 IDPA matches when I was in KC and won them both by a pretty good margin with my 1911. I already know how to shoot that well, just want to try a different game every once in a while with a different gun.

Rich