Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Ez Winscore Help

ParaJoe

My club has version 2.00 on cd. So I installed this version on my desktop cp. I then upgraded to vs. 2.25. Then 2.27. And finally 2.29. Well I tried to do all of this but everytime the program starts up, it still says version 2.26. I never loaded a 2.26. WTF? So I tried to use it anyway and lots of problems. I put the match file from the laptop to a floppy and then tried to cut and paste it to the desktop. Well I get a failure that says "cyclic redundancy check", so can't do that. Then I tried to open the file directly from the A: and it pops up a window that says "Connect to SQL Anywhere" requiring a Username and Password. Of course I don't HAVE the username and password I don't remember ever setting one, so I just click OK. Then another window pops up that says "Cannot connect to _____ database: will reconnect to original database."

So I'm kinda screwed. Been playing with this crap for 2.5 hours now and got no where. Help if ya can.

Joe

There's a cosmetic bug in the displayed release number, but if you've gone through the install path as described, the code should be solid. Additionally, my own system correctly displays 2.29, and its a problem that actually fixes itself after awhile.

What operating system are you running? What service pack? Did you let ezws install to where he wanted to, that is, c:\program files\uspsa\ezwinscore, or did you try to force him to go somewhere else?

You cannot open a match file on a removable device; you must copy it to your hard drive. I suspect you tried to open the file on the floppy the first time inadvertently, and it's never going to work that way. Cyclic redundancy check sounds like you have a bad floppy disk or maybe even the floppy drive itself. Ezws is a sybase sql server-based program and its a bad practice in general to try to run database applications off of removable devices. That loophole was apparently closed a couple of maintenance releases back and now you can't do it at all. You wouldn't want to, anyway, as he's constantly writing to the match file.

You get the userid/password prompt when he's attempting to open a match file that he's opened or tried to open before, but is no longer there because it's been moved, deleted, or the device is no longer available. In that event, he opens his default match.db file located in the install directory instead.