Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NRA Action Pistol World Match

Leroy

OK

WE ARE ALL CUIOUS WHO MAKE IT THERE?

I DROPPED KEVIN ANGSTADT OFF WED AT THE AIRPORT IN NASHVILLE AND AM WONDERDING IF HE MADE IT IN COUNTRY WITH EVERYTHING?

I MADE IT HOME OK WITH HIS TRUCK SO TELL KEVIN ALL IS COOL HERE.

LET US ALL KNOW HOW THE MATCH IS GOING THERE.

LEROY

Hey there Leroy. When does the shooting start down there? If you find any results or info let us know.

When is Kevin due back? I know he told me but I don't remember.

Look forward to the A.P. match in Bedford next month.

Kevin

Kevin

I beleive they had a pratice match today and the world match is wed thurs firday.

I pick up Kevin monday the 6th in Nashville.

Leroy

Hey there Leroy. When does the shooting start down there? If you find any results or info let us know.

Kevin

Kevin

Leroy.

If you need help carrying Kevin's WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP AWARD, give us a shout. We'll help him "Carry 'em Back to Old Virginny".

MJ and the other Cheerleaders for K E V I N !

MJ

Hey man we are all rootin for him for sure..I have seen him shoot some good scores this year.. He dosen't get to partice much like the pros do and he won 2 ragionals sick as a dog. He is tough and serious.

I pick him up monday the 6 th if we dont have room for the trophy's i will unload some stuff in the parkin lot LOl Or i will call for support !!!!

Leroy

Kevin

Leroy.

If you need help carrying Kevin's WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP AWARD, give us a shout. We'll help him "Carry 'em Back to Old Virginny".

MJ and the other Cheerleaders for K E V I N !

Hello all,

We have all seemed to make it. Driving on the wrong side of the road has been a little challenging.

Shooting here is challenging to say the least. The light is always bad so there is no way to see rings unless a cloud comes over. The most challenging part however, doesn't have anything to do with the shooting part it's the flies. They are all over you.

The practice match didn't go as well as we would have liked. Doug threw an 8 on the mover and Bruce had a late shot on the barricade. Chuck didn't get to shoot the match because of a paperwork mix up. Steve and I shot with ammo of unknown characteristics. I finished up with an 1899. Missed a damned plate, shot an 8 on the Barr, two 8's on the prac and a 5 on the mover. Steve shot an 1895. When he shot the barr he thought he saw two holes appear with one shot. It turned out that the 2 holes looked like 45's instead of .357. Apparently the bullet split in two. Ammo has been the major problem. You can't get what you normally use and what you can get is not good. Those that know me know that I wouldn't get near bullseye powder but I'm using it now.

I'll try to give you all updates but even the internet access costs down here. $10 for 2 hours.

Kevin

Hello all,

We have all seemed to make it. Driving on the wrong side of the road has been a little challenging.

Shooting here is challenging to say the least. The light is always bad so there is no way to see rings unless a cloud comes over. The most challenging part however, doesn't have anything to do with the shooting part it's the flies. They are all over you.

The practice match didn't go as well as we would have liked. Doug threw an 8 on the mover and Bruce had a late shot on the barricade. Chuck didn't get to shoot the match because of a paperwork mix up. Steve and I shot with ammo of unknown characteristics. I finished up with an 1899. Missed a damned plate, shot an 8 on the Barr, two 8's on the prac and a 5 on the mover. Steve shot an 1895. When he shot the barr he thought he saw two holes appear with one shot. It turned out that the 2 holes looked like 45's instead of .357. Apparently the bullet split in two. Ammo has been the major problem. You can't get what you normally use and what you can get is not good. Those that know me know that I wouldn't get near bullseye powder but I'm using it now.

I'll try to give you all updates but even the internet access costs down here. $10 for 2 hours.

Kevin

Kevin,

No need to waste air time responding to me. Put some dung on a stick and place a few feet behind you to draw the flys away from you. :lol:

Don't fret the small stuff. Carl Bernosky, I think uses BE powder, if there talk to him. If all else seems to fail.

DOT........TRIGGER......... Just Shoot! ;)

Godspeed.

MJ

Hey Kevin: Been there done that! They have a product called fly off, it works great!!! I had flies getting under my glasses when I was down there!! But, I didn't have the ammo problem. Flew out of Wichita, Kansas and at that time you could have luggage at 80 lbs. So I checked 1,000 rounds in my wife's suit case and 1,000 in mine. We flew American and my luggage was check straight through, so Quantis never knew I had it and it made it through customs at that time pre 9-11.

Shoot well, they are great people down there. Please tell all the crew down under I said I wish I was there!!!!!

Kim M. Beckwith

Zero Ammuniton

Well, it sucks being here with everyone down in Australia. Glad to see that Kevin has become a master of the Australian Waive. I do not refer to surfing on the Gold Coast but the way in which one has to get rid of the fly that insists on landing on the end of your nose right when the target turns.

Talked to Helen tonight curtesy of Steve Weathersby's cell, I owe him a beer or two for that, seems all is well after some paperwork Snafu's at the airport.

In the mean time take a look at the results for the practice match.

GrantJ ;)

www.1920action.info/Results/20061029-PA-Blacktown-Nationals-Prematch.pdf

WOW!

$10.00 for 2 hours!!! Hum let's see that is $5.00 an hour just below Min wage...Almost as much as Kevin pays me to work for him He He ....!!!!

OH well the benefits are great!!!!!!!!!

Hell we shot from Fla.. to Ny.. to Texas twice and Caif and all points in between this year..

Man we slung brass all over the good ole USA this year and I hope we do more next year.

Is now a good time to ask for a raise????

Leroy

uote name='Lee' date='Nov 1 2006, 12:22 AM' post='467280']

Grant or anyone else that might know,

Is there only 1 person shooting Metallic and the World Match?

Kevin

A raise Leroy? I didn't even know you were getting paid. Kevin is such a nice guy, he probably doesn't even know how to say no. Just in case, I would ask now before the shooting is over!

Kevin, stop whinning about the lighting and flies and just shoot. You told me that if you could shoot good at Bedford you could shoot anywhere. So lets see it!

Good luck everyone there.

Kevin

Kevin

Ya he pays me in bulltes power and primers.. and if i have any left over for entry fees.

He don't like to climb the towers so that is what I do mostly so if i ask for a raise he jut points up ...

We go to matches and when the wife ask what i won i give her the pay check. It's workin so far.

leroy

A raise Leroy? I didn't even know you were getting paid. Kevin is such a nice guy, he probably doesn't even know how to say no. Just in case, I would ask now before the shooting is over!

Kevin, stop whinning about the lighting and flies and just shoot. You told me that if you could shoot good at Bedford you could shoot anywhere. So lets see it!

Good luck everyone there.

Kevin

I haven't looked looked at the website yet but there sure was a shake up today. Doug was shooting the right side barricade at 35 and only got 3 shots off. Apparently his gun broke. Here's the run down for us so far. We all shot barricade.

Myself 480-42x

Chuck 480-44x

Jay 480-42x

Steve 480-44x

Bruce 480-48x

Tony 478-45x

We all have plates and practical tomorrow. The sun went behind the clouds so we actually got to see something. I haven't seen Helen for a while so I don't know how she did on mover but I believe Vera shot a 471 mover.

Leroy,

I spent your raise coming here. Sorry bud.

Later,

Kevin

I haven't looked looked at the website yet but there sure was a shake up today. Doug was shooting the right side barricade at 35 and only got 3 shots off. Apparently his gun broke. Here's the run down for us so far. We all shot barricade.

Myself 480-42x

Chuck 480-44x

Jay 480-42x

Steve 480-44x

Bruce 480-48x

Tony 478-45x

We all have plates and practical tomorrow. The sun went behind the clouds so we actually got to see something. I haven't seen Helen for a while so I don't know how she did on mover but I believe Vera shot a 471 mover.

Leroy,

I spent your raise coming here. Sorry bud.

Later,

Kevin

Kevin and gang,

Congrats to all of you....hang tough.....they count the tens first, don't fret over a few X's. :) Sorry Doug. :(

Leroy,

That's not good news. If Kevin spent your raise getting there, then the "next" years raise will no doubt get spent on the return trip. :wacko:

The mind is a terrible thing.....Just Shoot! ;)

Martin

Hey guys.

Great shooting. Tough luck for Doug.. man that hurts.. With only my little experience I know how that feels...

OK Kevin you are on a good start now go find that shovel and go for a 1920.

For those of you that don't know Kevin like I do. When he has to work with a shovel for a day or two he gets dialed in big time.....

Find him a field and give him a shovel for an afternoon make him dig holes, and stand back the next day..

He is dialed in on the X ring...

We have to dig a lot of holes at work so I just keep making him show me how to dig LOL..

Last time we did that he shot a 1920 at Bedford... and man that is a tough place to shoot Right Kevin???

Ex Marine here Ex Navy there go figure....

Kevin don't worry about anything here I talked to Caroline today and all is good so far.

Just do like MJ says and don't think just shoot man..

As far as the raise goes.. Ya you probably can't afford it now I saw some nice new trucks on my way back and I will probably just trade in your old one on my way back to pick you up I think I have Caroline talked into it ... Ya Rite.

Put em N the X ring man...Don't think just shoot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leroy

Well, it just had to happen. Not only did I miss a *$@^ plate but so did all of the B team. I followed that up with a clean Practical. I believe Chuck and Jay shot a 476. Steve had to shoot in the rain and shot a 469. He also missed 2 plates. The plates were brutal today.

I can still shoot a 1910 but I have to do it the hard way by cleaning the mover. It can be done but boy what a pain. Hopefully it will be cloudy again tomorrow so that we can see something. So far the lighting has been decent.

I know that Vera cleaned the barricade and Helen was in the 450's not sure about the other scores.

Kevin

Well, it just had to happen. Not only did I miss a *$@^ plate but so did all of the B team. I followed that up with a clean Practical. I believe Chuck and Jay shot a 476. Steve had to shoot in the rain and shot a 469. He also missed 2 plates. The plates were brutal today.

I can still shoot a 1910 but I have to do it the hard way by cleaning the mover. It can be done but boy what a pain. Hopefully it will be cloudy again tomorrow so that we can see something. So far the lighting has been decent.

I know that Vera cleaned the barricade and Helen was in the 450's not sure about the other scores.

Kevin

Kevin,

We are proud of you. Three events and "only" ten down. Doug and many others would love that opportunity! :o

OK, so do it the hard way. :ph34r: My money is on Kevin to come away with a 1910-155X. If you can shoot a clean Mover at Bedford (no light and bouncing target) then shooting a clean one anywhere else is easier. <_<

Kevin, scope on, load gun, shift gears and just shoot. Reload, reshift and just shoot. Keep repeating until you shoot 48 tens and 30+ X. You have done it many times, just do it!

Kevin 1910-155X, Check the boards at Vegas!

Just shoot! ;)

Martin, Head Cheerleader AFC

(Angstadt Fan Club)

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! MIssed a plate!!!!!!!

AH you didnt find a shovel did ya..

I told you so man...

Hey you are doing great man under the conditions. Man I would be shakin like a dog S^*%!@# razor blades.

One plate hell 3 or more for me in a big match

Maybe I can clean them in a big match when i grow up ...

So just get dialed in and make the mover work for ya man...Rootin for ya'll here.

Leroy

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! MIssed a plate!!!!!!!

AH you didnt find a shovel did ya..

I told you so man...

Hey you are doing great man under the conditions. Man I would be shakin like a dog S^*%!@# razor blades.

One plate hell 3 or more for me in a big match

Maybe I can clean them in a big match when i grow up ...

So just get dialed in and make the mover work for ya man...Rootin for ya'll here.

Leroy

Lee Posted Today, 12:51 PM

Well I'm no cheerleader, but I'll admit being a club member.

Kevin, you're doing good in rough conditions. Just chill out and shoot. We all know you can do it.

Kevin

sorry about that guys tryin to figure out how to work this thing.

Kevin man your doin great. but i can still beat you :lol:. just like Leroy and Martin said just have fun with it you have one event left shoot a 480 for me on the mover. i guess i'm a member of the fan club too. Leroy if you get a raise i need one too :lol: i have to pay for college somehow. just keep the dot in the middle of the X ring and squeeze the trigger and shoot the 480. and remember to move the stick shift don't pull a Leroy and don't change it.

Hey Caspian,

Not sure who you are but you must know me.

It's been a while since i forgot the shick shift but I have and man what a brain fart for sure.

Kevin won't forget I am sure.

They are under a lot of stress over there man I am gald it's not me. I don't do well under pressure. I get too excited I guess I need to just chill out and do like MJ told me last time In Bedrock he ran me on the mover and all he kept sayin was Don't think Leroy just shoot and I had a good run goin until the last two shots and I started thinkn and threw 2 -- 5's *&^^%$#@@!:(~ And it was still my best mover.

Thanks MJ I aint forgettin that. Now I just need to do it on the plates and Prat..

This is a great game and I am still learning how may ways I can &^%$ It up lol and I am sure I will find more It makes us cuss and throw things and come back for more tomorrow.

But the best part is we get to meet so many great folks:)

Leroy