Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newby Questions Not Searchable

the Cod Father

I am new to the board and am I ever glad I found you all. At the moment I am the only revolver shooter in the area. Great for scoring but not for getting guidence. I just started IPSC shoothing this year and have done my Blanck Badge already but with a semi. I started to build a new semi to use this year but it has been one culster fudge after another .I'm so sick of starting a stage and having to withdraw or be DQ'ed from a match due to the damn gun screwing up . In frustration at the last match I left my semi home and brought my 625 ,and what a joy it was to not have to worry about failures , just go to the line and shoot .After that I think I am a confirmed Wheelie man.

I have 2 questions that I was unable to find info on by using the search so here goes

I was looking at the Blade Tech double moonclip holders,are these IPSC legal or are just the shoot the moon style used in competition .

Where is the best site to get info ,directions on the best way to do a quick reliable reload to keep me competative against the semi's?

Thanks for such a great forum

The Cod Father.

I have 2 questions that I was unable to find info on by using the search so here goes

I was looking at the Blade Tech double moonclip holders,are these IPSC legal or are just the shoot the moon style used in competition .

Where is the best site to get info ,directions on the best way to do a quick reliable reload to keep me competative against the semi's?

#1 - Yes they are legal. Most use the Shoot the Moon clip holders. Some use both.

#2 - two schools of thought on reloads - strong hand or week hand. Both can be fast but you will need to determine which you can be the most consistent with.

Here is the discussion on Reloading Methods

Mr. Fish.... ;)

I recomend you aquire the vidieo mentioned in the previous posts............worth the money!

as far as reloads go...........

LEARN how to do BOTH !!!!!

That way you are not handcuffed to one style if it doesn't fit the stage. At this years USPSA nationals there were several stages that required movement to the left while reloading. the keep the gun in the strong hand (righties) style fits that movement better than the Jerry style.

I personally use the Jerry style and can regularly keep my reloads under 2 seconds on targets 12 yds and closer.........but can now get under 2 seconds the other way also..........just not as consistantly as the way I usually do. Just more tools in the tool box.

Glad you have found out what the biggest secret in revolver shooting is..............guns that run (unless tinkered with too much) and lots of fun.

Good luck, get the vidieo.

SAM KEEN