Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can I Use 8 Rnd Magazines In Single Stack?

Tolly

Yes, I will be shooting .45. The rules state that you can have 8 rnds but it has to be a factory length magazine...Aren't the Tripp CobraMag 8 rounders slightly longer than a factory length magazine??????? If so does this disqualify them? I am confused? :unsure:

Edited by Tolly

Special conditions:

16. A handgun in its ready condition (See Section 8.1), but unloaded and with an empty magazine inserted or empty cylinder closed, must fit wholly within the confines of a box which has internal dimensions of 225mm x 150mm x 45mm (tolerance of +1 mm, -0 mm). Note that all magazines must comply, failing which Rule 6.2.5.1 will apply. When a handgun is inserted into the box, rear adjustable sights may be slightly depressed, but all other

features of the handgun, (e.g. collapsible and/or folding sights, slide rackers, thumb rests, external hammers, grips etc), must be fully extended or deployed. Additionally, telescoping magazines and/or magazines with spring-loaded bases or base pads are expressly prohibited.

Even Tripp'd website say his 8 round .45 mags are longer than a factory mag????

Who's Factory mag? Colt? Springfield? Kimber? STI? SVI? or the original Browning design specs. And does Tripp's length include a basepad that adds length?

Bottom line is 8 round max capacity in major/ 10 round minor and it must fit the IPSC box.

Order away you will be FINE with the Tripp mags.

Crusher

Most mags (read ALL) used in competition have a pretty good bumper pad attached and still fit in the box. Tripp mags are only slightly different in length and will fit (the slightly different IDPA box) with bumpers installed. I have yet to see a USPSA box at a match so my info is just a WAG.... :)