Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When Ups Screws Up

Bird_Dog0347

So I bought a new mag, basepad, and some grams internals online from a company I have bought from before last Friday. I had them shipped UPS ground cause USPS sucks around here and they lose my stuff all the time. Well, I was supposed to receive them today, but the tracking number still shows it is "in transit, on time" but no scans have been made since like Monday night in L.A. :huh:

So I called UPS and spoke to a girl there who told me it was in Austin, scanned in this morning. I asked what it was doing there, it should be in or around Dallas. So now I have to call them tomorrow, find out where it is and when it will get here. If they don't scan it before tomorrow, I will have to have the shipper call them to start the investigation. :angry:

I really wanted that before this weekend as I want it for a USPSA match on Saturday.

They lost a MO that I was sending to Benny. Pissed me off since I don't have my shotgun. It's getting worked out though.

Hope yours works out.

Rich

Wow, if it was a MO that was being sent to the smith I would be soooo much more pissed! It looks like it will be here tomorrow, and it better be, but good luck to you!

Losing a money order sucks, since you typically have to wait for a 6 month period for it to "go stale and remain uncashed" before the issuing bank will replace it.

I once had a caterer lose a money order after an event and contact me for a replacement. He was not amused when I offered full cooperation, but told him he would have to wait a full 6 months before the bank released the replacement funds - and that I would have been able to have a replacement check to him immediately if he had not made such a big deal about "cash or money order only before he food is served, no personal or business checks accepted."

How about UPS leaving a package on my front door step for two days, clearly labeled "Adult Signature Required": It was a gun I had a smith work on. When it didn't arrive on the day it was supposed to, I called him. He checked the tracking and said it was delivered to my address. So, he gave me the tracking number and sure enough, it was delivered according to UPS. I checked with my wife to make sure she wasn't mad at me and that she wasn't hiding my gun. Nope. So, I called UPS and asked for it to be tracked. They said it was delivered. So I asked who signed for it. The lady got real quiet and said she would get back to me. So, I called back the next day since she did not call me back. Same routine. They could not tell me who signed for it. So, I told them that it was a firearm and that I wanted to file a claim. The lady said she would initiate an investigation and get back to me. Not long after I hung up the phone, the front doorbell rang (we normally do not use this door). After I finished talking to the person who rang the doorbell, I looked over to the side of the porch and there was a package, clearly labeled "Adult Signature Required." Yep, it was my $2900 race gun sitting outside for 2 days. Nice.

Of course, this is the same UPS hub that had 10 workers indicted last year by ATF for gun thefts. They were stealing packages addressed to Ellett Brothers. Glock was their favorite package. These guys were stealing the guns from the UPS hub in Columbia, then taking them to Greenville to sell. One of the stolen guns was returned to Glock for repair and that is how they put things together. Its seems that someone at Glock got wise and worked with ATF to track a specific "bait" package and they nailed the whole crew.

And UPS blames outside thefts for their absurd policies regarding the shipping of guns....

Edited by Jack Suber