Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dremeling A Glock Trigger Guard

Hank Frank

If I was to remove some of the material from the trigger guard on a Glock 34, would this disqualify me from using the pistol in IDPA? From what I've read, I can't use it in "SSP" anymore, but "ESP" still appears OK. Am I correct on my thinking?

How much do you want to remove and where? Certain areas of Glocks need to be "touched up" to make the gun a little easier on the knuckle and trigger finger. Anyone asks why that area is smoother just tell them it is normal wear.

That being said you can't go and remove a 1/4" of material off the trigger guard. That puts you into ESP.

I always polish the inside of the trigger guard a little where the side of my trigger finger rubs.

How much do you want to remove and where? Certain areas of Glocks need to be "touched up" to make the gun a little easier on the knuckle and trigger finger. Anyone asks why that area is smoother just tell them it is normal wear.

That being said you can't go and remove a 1/4" of material off the trigger guard. That puts you into ESP.

I always polish the inside of the trigger guard a little where the side of my trigger finger rubs.

Good evening Joe,

I've taken off a little more than I should, but it sure feels good and it works. I took down the right front inside of the trigger guard so to allow my trigger finger to enter easier. Also, with a 1/2 inch dremel sanding wheel, I made an indent on the right side of the trigger guard for a place to lay my trigger finger when the gun is not on the target. I now acquire the target with both my left thumb and my trigger finger pointing at the target, then let my trigger finger just slide in to engage the trigger. Before this mod, when I brought my trigger finger in, it would bump or push the gun and the sights would move.

Thanks...Hank