Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Questions On Benny Hill Fat Free 6"

sasquatch981

Most folks that know me realize that I don't clean my guns unless absolutely necessary or prior to a major match. With Limited Nationals rapidly approaching several weeks ago, I had (what I thought were) a couple of misfires with my Fat Free Long Slide which gave me extra incentive to knock the big chunks off it prior to heading for nationals. Turned out that even though I hadn't cleaned it in 8,000 rounds, it was still working like a charm. Turns out that the "misfires" were actually several pieces of Speer brass that hadn't let go of their old primers.

That's interesting! My 5" is that way too. Sometimes the grud gets so thick on the breachface that I wonder how the gun even closes! It just keeps going. My practice gun hardly ever gets cleaned but they just keep working....SO, if they're "right" there good to go but if not........

Mick

I always kinda wanted one... but now that I've stole... ah... BORROWED :D Wakals, I guess he'll have to speak to Benny about replacing it! :ph34r:

The the thin front sight and the extra inch really does make a difference.

Bill

What exactly are you talking about??!!

Nice try, Bill...

Hmmm...hey, Bill, I need to borrow your "better" Perazzi so I can...ah...test it against all the Huglu shotguns I've been buying...heh heh...

I miss my Fat Free .40. Berettas suck.

Alex

Whoa now, I am starting to think Benny did me wrong!!!! My 5" gun has puked 3 times in about 8000 rounds. Twice for sure it was BIG dings in the rims of the brass hanging on the extractor, maybe he didn't give me the 'parking lot run-over-with-a-car brass override' feature. The third time I attributed to dirt, but the dang thing only had 3500 rounds on it since the last cleaning. Or maybe the people above use a little better brass...........

With good brass and even just a piss-poor excuse for a decent gun cleaning regime my gun from Benny would be flawless to this point. The 'ol boy makes them run, that is for sure!!!

Nice try, Bill...

Hmmm...hey, Bill, I need to borrow your "better" Perazzi so I can...ah...test it against all the Huglu shotguns I've been buying...heh heh...

I miss my Fat Free .40. Berettas suck.

Berettas are better than rocks!!!!

If it's got to be a nine, I'll keep the Glock...

Mick

Alex

Yeah, sad to say there Mick, but I'd rather have a Glock. The Iraqis get Glocks...sigh.

The only good thing about the M9 is that it gave Fred the basis for his LadyBug Open Gun slide cut :)

Speaking of BennyGuns, I seem to have collected most of the STI set. I have a 4.25" (in 9 by 23; my totin' around gun), a 5" .40 (Liota's Limited gun), my trick 6" .40, and a Open gun. I wouldn't trade the Fat-Free for anything (well, except Bill's uberpimp Perazzi)!

Alex

I'd have to mortgage something to buy a Perazzi!!!

My Browning seems to work just fine (when I do my part!)

Mick

Berettas aren't all that bad but then...I don't have to carry one!!!

Yeah, sad to say there Mick, but I'd rather have a Glock. The Iraqis get Glocks...sigh.

The only good thing about the M9 is that it gave Fred the basis for his LadyBug Open Gun slide cut :)

You got that right. Fear not, the end of the M9 is near. I had to carry one for LE duty until my unit figured out the M11 wouldn't blow the slide in half. Do a string search and look at the spec's for the new Joint Combined Pistol (JCP) it isn't as drooling nice as a Fat Free, but damn what a difference it will make.

BTW, you all convinced me that the BHFF 6" will be my next pistol. Now to put a second morgage on the house :D .

• 1 month later...

Just have to add to this. My Benny 5" now has over 30,000 rounds through it and not a single malfunction. In September I shot an IPSC state match. Before the match, I took the gun completely apart and as an afterthought, decided to check the extractor. It had become so loose, it would not even hold a loaded round. But guess what???------It never burped and I had never had a failure to extract.

The "MAN" can build a pistol.

I recently ordered a 6" FF from Benny. This thread is cruel and unusual punishment. Last night I took the Para apart, cleaned it, put it together, put a crown on it and stuck it in the safe. Ya'll quit bothering Benny, so he can have more time to work on my guns. :D:P