Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Totally addicted

Gil

I've been shooting IPSC since January and am a  C class in L10   Limited and soon in Open I will be classified a C.  I have not shot in Production since the first time I shot a match (totally addicted to the sport at that point).  This weekend I shot a special classifier with the production gun ( Berretta 96 FS ) and the open gun (STI 38 Super).  What a treat,  shooting the open gun really made me slow down for the production,  knowing I had to have good hits because of the minor factor, at least in the back of my mind it did.  I shot my first 100% classifier with the Berretta, I am curious to know how it will turn out on a national level.   Doesn't make any difference to me where it is ranked nationally,  I was just proud of the fact that I actually focused on shooting on the edge of accuracy vs speed.   Also shot a 73% and  couple in the high 50% range with a few minor gun problems.  Do they have a 12 step program for this sport?

Gil,

After reviewing your post,  your inital class and scores are unacceptable.  My advice is to SLOW down and take your time.  This is a VERY complicated sport!!!

From:  3quartertime,  solid 'D' class shooter,  currently knocking on 'C's door.   By the way I am not intimidated by Gil's scores.  Why do you ask?