Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Sensitive Are Timers To Others Shooting?

I want to get a chronograph for my reloading hobby. I would also like a timer in the future. How sensitive are the combo units like the Pact Mark IV to adjacent shooters on the range? It is unlikely that I would be able to use it without any adjacent shooters present.

I also see that the Pact indoor chronographs need AC power. Are there any good ones for indoor use that use batteries?

Thanks,

If its indoor, the pact MKIV and club timer i have is hit or miss depending on where i am and where the next shooter is. IIRC you can turn the sensitivity down which "may" pick up your shots only.

The CED IR chrono kit can be used with batteries or AC power. But the IR kit i have is sensitive to the point i have to insure no other light source enters the skyscreen/pickup area.

Edited by yoshidaex

• 2 months later...
I want to get a chronograph for my reloading hobby. I would also like a timer in the future. How sensitive are the combo units like the Pact Mark IV to adjacent shooters on the range? It is unlikely that I would be able to use it without any adjacent shooters present.

I also see that the Pact indoor chronographs need AC power. Are there any good ones for indoor use that use batteries?

Thanks,

The CED 7000 has eight levels of sensitivity. I've found that 3 works for most applications, but I haven't tested it next to other shooters.

H.