Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hybrid Ports

ltc123

I am shooting a Glock 24C in IPSC Open Class here in Canada. I have just purchased a SS Caspian slide and a unported match barrel. I have acsess to a EDM machine and would like to add a series of holes to the top of the slide and barrel much like the Aro-Port Hybrid Compensator. Has anyone seen one up close and would you hazard to guess the hole diameters and spacing?

Thanks

Edited by ltc123

Here is a picture of my 2nd gen G20 Aro-Tek custom(currently being refinished). If you notice the holes increase in size down the length of the barrel.

Slideback2.jpg

Thats exactly what I am talking about. How does it work for you? Is it worth doing? It sure looks good.

It's an Aro-Tek Ultimate competition package. I just use it as a fun gun. It works well, there is almost no recoil. I have not run it in competition. The reason I got it was because of the price. It was from an estate sale, and the gun range that I go to had it on consignment. The gentlemen who owned it previously, had over 100 guns and barely fired it. It still had the factory lube on it when I bought it. I only paid $425 for it. It's almost $1400 from Aro-Tek. Right place, at the right time I guess. You might want to try here Novak Customs. They offer a bunch of services for open Glocks.

It's an Aro-Tek Ultimate competition package. I just use it as a fun gun. It works well, there is almost no recoil. I have not run it in competition. The reason I got it was because of the price. It was from an estate sale, and the gun range that I go to had it on consignment. The gentlemen who owned it previously, had over 100 guns and barely fired it. It still had the factory lube on it when I bought it. I only paid $425 for it. It's almost $1400 from Aro-Tek. Right place, at the right time I guess. You might want to try here Novak Customs. They offer a bunch of services for open Glocks.

Novak sure does have some nice designs. I am going to attemp this mod myself with the help of a friend of mine who is a mold maker with access to a EDM machine. Would you be able to post the hole sizes and spacing for my referance? I would like to mimic not only the look of your unit but also it's performance.

Thanks

As I understand it, part of Aro-Tek's claim to fame is actually having the ports shaped to be nozzles for maximum thrust from the powder gases.

You might get the best results by matching the hole diameters at points measured every .03 or .05 up from the bore.

Just a thought. Me, I'm no rocket scientist but I understand the basic ideas.

• 1 month later...