Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Revolver Nationals

Nemo

After getting home yesterday (Hell....even since the last shot was fired).....I've been thinking about the match constantly, as most of us do probably. Not so much about my or anyones performance in general, but the fact that Revo division has indeed "arrived".

As we started stage 18 on the first day, my wife noticed several GM's from other divisions watching us and commenting at our "stage break-down skills"......One super star even said, "you can learn alot from these guys, they know how to make every shot count".

Yeah....I'd say we're here to stay (as a division).

Back to the match...

The depth of talent across the board gives us the,"any given Sunday", anybody can win scenario......Besides Jerry and Nils taking what seems to be there expected places, Mike Carmoney shot what I feel is the best Nationals Revo match of us regular mortals....ever.

The rest of us were just trying to hang on to what thread was left to grab.....

The comradery of the people in this game is second to none....

Congrates to all that came to play.....

Now.....out to the garage to reload......Next years Nat's will be here before you know it.

P.S.

Nice job Mike.... ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great match and a tremendous opportunity to meet a bunch of new old friends.

The level of interest among non-wheel gunners was phenomenal. It was very typical to be at the safety table bagging or unbagging and finding myself surrounded by shooters and spectators alike that wanted to see and handle a wheelgun to see what the buzz was all about.

50 shooters next year should be no problem.

The weather was perfect and I thought the squads and schedules worked out very well.

Kudos to USPSA for recognizing Revo Division first at the awards and for recognizing class winners. It was a tremendous improvement over last year.

B)

My congratulations to all!!!!!

It appears that the revolver Division has made a statement. Back when I posted the "predictions" on the other threads, not very many of the "others" commented or even knew anything other than "Jerry will win".

This Nils kid and the rest of you guys opened their eyes (maybe). <_<

I also see where you guys put a hurting on my guy Sam, from looking at his past record I was thinking he was better than 10th.

Anyway, congratulations agian to all.

Back to lurking. ;)

BD

• 3 weeks later...

Points_and_Percentages.doc

Hopefully this isn't too redundant. Those of you that use Excel spreadsheets (or have time to use calculators) have probably already done this but not everyone uses Excel. I thought someone might enjoy seeing just how close the match really was from one revolver shooter to the next ahead.

If this is against some rule or regulation then I hope the Mod-Squad will delete the attachment ASAP. These numbers were posted for information purposes only and no names were attached - sort of like HHF. :ph34r:

I thought someone might enjoy seeing just how close the match really was from one revolver shooter to the next ahead.

Pretty interesting. Particularly interesting is the fact that despite being the hardest-fought Revolver Nationals ever, and despite several shooters taking a better run at Jerry than has ever been taken at a USPSA event in the past, the place where this match was the "least close" was between 1st and 2nd place.

Jerry continues to dominate the Revolver game, and probably will for quite some while.

On the bright side, at least it's not somebody we don't like, right? :)