Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Mississippi

hey fellas,

I know there are three gun matches in Jackson every other month, but I was looking for other ones that are not so very far. Anyone know of any other 3 gun matches within a 2 or 3 hour drive of Cleveland, ms ? Oh, and Cleveland has one every once in a while.

Thanks

hey fellas,

I know there are three gun matches in Jackson every other month, but I was looking for other ones that are not so very far. Anyone know of any other 3 gun matches within a 2 or 3 hour drive of Cleveland, ms ? Oh, and Cleveland has one every once in a while.

Thanks

Hope you'll consider the USPSA Area 6 3 Gun, November 3-5 Anniston, AL about half way between Birmingham and Atlanta. Come join us.

Mark Hearn

hey fellas,

Thanks

at memphis sport shooting association, we have a club 3 gun match on the 5th sunday of the month, so the next one well be 10/29/06, starting at 10:00am

lynn

Hope you'll consider the USPSA Area 6 3 Gun, November 3-5 Anniston, AL about half way between Birmingham and Atlanta. Come join us.

Mark Hearn

I thought about coming over there, but I have only shot one match and that was in jackson, I wish I could get a bit more before I went to a big match like that, I still haven't figured 3 gun out. Thanks, for the offer though !

jake

Jake,

That is the incorrect way to look at it. The 3-gun match in Anniston (A-6) will be attended by some of the best 3-gunners in the area. What better of a place or time to see how it is done by some people that know what they are doing (me excluded).

I highly recomend you talking Mr. Brister into making the trip (He's pretty good) and seeing how it is done. All who will be there were exactly in your shoes at one time. so take advantage of it if you can.

DO NOT be intimidated by titles, names or "classifications" they are all just people, some just shoot better than others. ;)

Hope you can make it. I recomend it.

SAM KEEN

I agree with Sam. I didn't know what I was doing when I went to the first couple of big matches. But soon after I knew how to play better.

Long after I started shooting better.

Please go, fall on your face if you have to like I did and people will come running to help you. I think they helped me just so they wouldn't be embarased of me.

I have yet to met a fellow competitor that did not sincerly try to help when they felt they could. And they have helped me plenty since I started and are still willing to help no matter how embarassing I am to them in public.

I recomend going to any matches you can especially the big ones, because the best shooter show up and you get to see the stuff they tell you about in action

Hope you get to go.

Ty Gentry

Thanks for all the advice fellas, I may just come out there and give it a whirl. I just need to figure out if I need to come out there Thursday and stay till Sunday, or If I need to come just one day, also I don't know which division to shoot in, and what a dark house is. If I can get that figured out I might make the drive.

Thanks

Jake

Jake

We have a few slots on Friday shooting with the ROs and vendors. You are welcome to come and watch on Friday. We could even use some help running stages. There is always something to do (Like helping the main RO) and we will give you a break on your match fee. Just let me know.

We still have plenty of slots for Sat/Sun. I would recommend shooting the match Sat/Sun. Not as rushed.

Woogie's "So Called" Dark Houses. Don't give them another thought. He intends to have a short tunnel open on one end, covered on top. The target will be in the shadows. Not really in the dark. It should make you squint, but nothing that would require "night vision" or a flashlight. At least that is what Woogie thinks. I'm not sure he knows.

As for division, that is usally decided by the rifle (optics or no optics). Check the rifle rules on USPSA's Rules link.

Hope you will come join us.

Mark Hearn

Match Director Area 6 3 Gun

That sound like a splendid idea I think I shall come over there Thursday night and watch Yall Friday(I am a good fetcher, I usually help out anyway, I just don't know much to do) I will just shoot what ever division I have the equipment for, I am having a hard time understanding the divisions off the internet, I usually do better when someone does a plain english translation for me ! I have shot with a few people, but I don't know them too well, so yall might have to squad me with some people that don't mind questions and don't mind giving guidence. I guess I need to send my application in to yall.

Thanks, Jake

Jake

Look forward to meeting you. Send that application in and I'll plan on putting you to work on Friday and squadding you with some patient types on Sat/Sun (Sam?).

Mark Hearn

All righty now, I am home, I mailed my application to you today and made my reservations, so Looks like I will be down there !

Jake

Jake

Glad to hear it. Randall Webb tells me he spoke with you about the match and asked that you be squadded with his bunch. Good folks and they will be helpful if you have any questions. Should be a good time.

Mark Hearn

Jake

Glad to hear it. Randall Webb tells me he spoke with you about the match and asked that you be squadded with his bunch. Good folks and they will be helpful if you have any questions. Should be a good time.

Mark Hearn

Yes, he was quite helpfull, by the way, what time do I need to be on the range Friday ?

Thanks, Jake