Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Disastrous Speed

Z-man

I wasn't at the match but i have shot at a lot of matches against very good shooters.

SEE what you need to see.. focus on your points.. don't slow down. just change your focus from speed to A's speed will take care of it's self. I learned that at area 8. i just shot a points match. other matches i found out fast, no one person has the best time on eery stage! top shooters push... but know how far to push.

Don't be so frustrated, this is all part of your development. You learned your limit at that match. You saw perceptions of what you thought were much faster times and tried to catch them. this whole perception is off. because when it's happening to you perception is different. ever wrecked a car or a bike... it was slow motion all happening. your mind caught every little thing... ever saw one.. Smack. over in an instant..... only difference was perception the real amount of time was the same.

Good luck in your shooting. keep improving like you have been and you'll be a force to be reckoned with next year.

Yeah Kevin, it's true. Just watch. The hardest thing about watching me shoot is trying not to fall asleep. I have to wake Justin up half the time to tell me my times. A man could lose a crop waiting on me to finish a stage.

LOL Odie! Thanks for the good advice and kind words Steve. I've realized that you are dead on. It was my focus that was the problem, not the speed. I also like your analogy of a car/bike wreck. Shooting seems the same way... you can watch a smooth run on tape that looks slow and yet the actual time is faster than the guy who is moving at what appears to be a faster speed. It's also interesting to run through a stage that only lasts a couple of seconds and yet be able to have several coherent thoughts (this usually is a bad thing.... such as, "gosh, the last two steel really went down easy" or "well, I really just threw my round count off with that shot") and also remember in vivid detail several things about the stage (such as brass ejecting or dirt flying off the backstop) in such a short time. It definitely gives a different perception of speed and time.

Edited by Z-man