Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bronchitis

Shawn Knight

I hate being sick and wanting to shoot a match. I want but I don't want to. Don't want to infect anyone else but I am new and I want to get as much match shooting in as possible. I also was kind of scared that I might get lightheaded. I was able to focus well, but I was just run down. I shoot semi-OK (I hit the targets in the brown) to begin with and shooting a match while snot runs out of every opening on my face makes my feel so crappy. Then I am coughing and hacking so bad 3 guys asked if I was OK. I love these guys to death but man I had 15 dads that day! Got to love these guys. Only bright spot in the day!

Hey I'm with you. My sinuses are as dry as a bone right ow and it is killing me.

I know what you mean by being conflicted as to whether to shoot and risk the infection of others and getting to do that thing you think about all week.

You could try wearing a mask, but guns and masks are a bad combo, send the wrong message.

I have had bronchitus and I get it every year. I aint no fun.

I hope you get better

John

You could try wearing a mask, but guns and masks are a bad combo, send the wrong message.

Thanks for the kind words. I guess a surgical mask when I wasn't shooting would not be a bad idea. They do it in Japan all the time.

Edited by theknightoflight

I am kind of lucky. All my meds are paid for by the USAF. Strange thing is they told me the same thing. Go buy Mucinex, that will help you out. Then she prescribes me a generic version of the same medication - Guaifenesin. I am getting better now. Didn't come in time to help my scores though. Came in 4th out of 6. Oh well that darn No-shoot! I will blame it on that!

• 2 weeks later...

I know how that goes. I missed shooting Wednesday, Thursday and today because of this cold/flu/fever thing; I can't afford to miss work right now, so I've got to stay down and forego the extracurriculars until I'm 100% again. :(

I'm going to have to make up for it next week, when my new blaster arrives....

I feel for you.

I shot the GA state match earlier this year with pneumonia.

I won't make that mistake again. I was miserable and so was my performance.

It's not worth it.

If you're sick stay home.

There's always another match on the horizon.

Tony

I know how that goes. I missed shooting Wednesday, Thursday and today because of this cold/flu/fever thing; I can't afford to miss work right now, so I've got to stay down and forego the extracurriculars until I'm 100% again. :(

I'm going to have to make up for it next week, when my new blaster arrives....

Hmmmmm.........

New Blaster........

Di you post pics yet?

I feel for you.

I shot the GA state match earlier this year with pneumonia.

I won't make that mistake again. I was miserable and so was my performance.

It's not worth it.

If you're sick stay home.

There's always another match on the horizon.

Tony

Well I didn't stay home either. I just can't stay away from shooting matches. I wasn't on my game though.