Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xd40 Service

Nemo

I have a 4" XD40 that I don't shoot much. It is more my home/nightstand gun but it will double as my production pistola when I shoot productin again. Last week I took it to the range and it started giving me a malf that it didn't before.

I was shooting Winchesters white box 165 gr. After firing a shot the base of the case been extracted would make contact with tip of the round waiting to chamber and the extractor would let go of the case. This left me with a half-extracted case and the first round in the mag jammed against it.

I was using 3 Springfield mags I bought separately but that are different than the ones that came with the gun. These have the SA crest laser etched in the lower back portion of the mag body and have the witness holes located in different spot. Other than that the only other variable was the factory ammo. I don't shoot much factory ammo.

My experience with the XD platform is very limited. Anybody else having this type of malfunction or know how to fix it?

Thanx!

This is second hand, so take it for what it is worth, but I heard a number of complaints about extractor failure. Fromt he sound of it, a bad batch of extractors made it out the door.

Maybe hit up xdtalk.com for more info.

Could also just be mag lips need some fine tuning.

I heard it was a batch of bad extractors also. Most problems seem to be in 40 cal.

I also heard they will not just sell you the parts, the gun has to be returned for repair.

Have not heard how long the turn around time is. Do a search it was on this forum not to long ago.