Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nowlin Drop In Barrel Kit

Richie

has anybody here used one of these drop in barrel kits from Nowlin? I'm starting a new commander project, and I'm wondering the accuracy and quality of fitment that people have experienced with these kits. It's not going to be a competition gun, just looking for reliability, with resonable accuracy. I'm not looking for an absolute 25 yard 1 hole machine, maybe 2-2.5" accuracy... It's going to be a caspian framed, colt slide 9x23 commander setup. (I just like different projects, something out of the norm LOL)... Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

Richie-

I have been using John Nowlins barrels for a long time now. I even work them into my Hyper-Jet Comp systems, as the best barrels for the job. There are other barrels I use including Schuemann.

Go ahead and get the Nowlin drop in barrels, they are usually right on the money.

Nowlin barrels are very accurate but I have never had one "drop in". Every one I have done required fitting the barrel hood and the lugs. The one I am shooting now also has a tight chamber so be careful with your handloads.

Thanks for the advice! I've always been a person who has to do something kind of different and the 9x23 fits that perfectly! I really appreciate the comments. If the drop in kit still needs a little bit of massaging to fit, thats preferred with me, I just didn't want to go through a complete gunsmith normal fitting job with it...

Nowlin barrels are very accurate but I have never had one "drop in". Every one I have done required fitting the barrel hood and the lugs. The one I am shooting now also has a tight chamber so be careful with your handloads.

• 3 months later...